ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #301 of 5,041
Hello!

I've been wondering if anyone can compare ISN H40 with 1Custom Junior. I can't decide over which would be a better choice overall.

Currently the 1Custom Junior is on sale for SGD 186 at Jaben.

I have been using 1customs for 15-20 days. Got it from Jaben, Singapore. In terms of sound quality, I was really impressed by the details and smoothness of sound it produced. The Sound is actually U shaped with thumpy bass response, detailed mids and smooth treble response. There is no harshness of any kind to treble or any other frequency, the soundstage feels wide enough and there are good details in instruments being played. The soundstage is adequately wide.

Give a silver cable to JR., and it will kick out most of the iems from the room. The bass is more stable and clear. The instrument separation goes to a different level and the mids and lows start shining. It easily outperforms FH5, Kanas Pro and Polaris. And there I made a very bold statement. The bass is more sorted on JR. than in Polaris. Kanas Pro, which is a sweet-sounding iem does not match the details of JR. FH5’s heavy bass and highs are again not as smooth and detailed as the JR’s. oBravo Cupid is still the next level monster, which gets more beautiful with a good source. Nothing can beat Cupid in its price range. To me, JR is an instant favorite.

Jr.jpeg DSC0470editopti-683x1024.jpg

Attachments

• Jr.jpeg
    Jr.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #303 of 5,041
nihalsharma: How long have you had your H40?
I don't think he has the H40 as shown in his profile. For me, I have already tried 1Custom Junior at Jaben & not impressed at all.

Jan 10, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #304 of 5,041
nihalsharma: How long have you had your H40?

I have tried ISN H40 but not owned it. It sounded really good to me. And config wise it is much better than 1Custom Junior. But for the price of Junior, they are really outstanding. Junior needs good burning time, IMO and cable change does wonder to it. Also I am using JVC Spiral tips with it. So, overall I am really happy the way it sounds.

Jan 10, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #305 of 5,041
I have tried ISN H40 but not owned it. It sounded really good to me. And config wise it is much better than 1Custom Junior. But for the price of Junior, they are really outstanding. Junior needs good burning time, IMO and cable change does wonder to it. Also I am using JVC Spiral tips with it. So, overall I am really happy the way it sounds.
I get that you like the 1Custom Junior but you are not exactly helping @Arcquaver to decide which is the better IEM, 1Custom Junior or ISN H40. Personally, I have tried both extensively and feel that the ISN H40 is superior to 1Custom Junior.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #306 of 5,041
I get that you like the 1Custom Junior but you are not exactly helping @Arcquaver to decide which is the better IEM, 1Custom Junior or ISN H40. Personally, I have tried both extensively and feel that the ISN H40 is superior to 1Custom Junior.

Hey, all I am saying is Jr. is a good iem for me, unlike you, who was not impressed at all, so he can consider trying it. It is a very good value for money IMO. H40 is priced at 200USD against 137USD price tag of Jr. Also, I mentioned the H40 has a better config. Now, there are many factors - sound signature, price, config, etc. which @Arcquaver has to think about. I cannot say straightways which is better of the two. Maybe you can help him better.

Thanks

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #307 of 5,041
Hey, all I am saying is Jr. is a good iem for me, unlike you, who was not impressed at all, so he can consider trying it. It is a very good value for money IMO. H40 is priced at 200USD against 137USD price tag of Jr. Also, I mentioned the H40 has a better config. Now, there are many factors - sound signature, price, config, etc. which @Arcquaver has to think about. I cannot say straightways which is better of the two. Maybe you can help him better.

Thanks
Firstly, this is a thread dedicated for ISN H40. Secondly, you don't own the ISN H40. Finally, you barged in out of nowhere to recommend 1Custom Junior. If you are so impressed by 1Custom Junior, I invite you to start a thread on it.

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #308 of 5,041
Firstly, this is a thread dedicated for ISN H40. Secondly, you don't own the ISN H40. Finally, you barged in out of nowhere to recommend 1Custom Junior. If you are so impressed by 1Custom Junior, I invite you to start a thread on it.

Firstly, this is a thread dedicated to ISN H40. - Agreed
Secondly, you don't own the ISN H40. - Agreed
Finally, you barged in out of nowhere to recommend 1Custom Junior. - If the guy had not posted the question, I would have dared to write anything about JR.
If you are so impressed by 1Custom Junior, I invite you to start a thread on it. - Sure, thanks for suggesting it.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #309 of 5,041
The guy asked about comparison of the H40 and that jr iem and your reply to him was basically just praising the jr iem without properly comparing it to the H40.

And I don't think you qualify to even talk about H40 sound quality because you don't own it and only tried it? What do you mean by tried it, like you tried it for a couple of seconds?

You talk how that JR. iem will sound amazing with better cable, means you have experimented the JR iem and found something that makes the sound better. Did you also do that to your quick listen with the H40? Like changing cables, tip rolling, etc.

I don't see the guy asked a comparison of either H40 or JR to the FH5, kanas pro, and polaris. He asked a straight up question- *a comparison of H40 and JR* and not a praising of JR and how it blows out the FH5, Kanas, and Polaris. I don't see a single word of "H40" on your first comment.

Basically, you barged in here and recommend the JR to the guy without properly answering his question.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #310 of 5,041
The guy asked about comparison of the H40 and that jr iem and your reply to him was basically just praising the jr iem without properly comparing it to the H40.

And I don't think you qualify to even talk about H40 sound quality because you don't own it and only tried it? What do you mean by tried it, like you tried it for a couple of seconds?

You talk how that JR. iem will sound amazing with better cable, means you have experimented the JR iem and found something that makes the sound better. Did you also do that to your quick listen with the H40? Like changing cables, tip rolling, etc.

I don't see the guy asked a comparison of either H40 or JR to the FH5, kanas pro, and polaris. He asked a straight up question- *a comparison of H40 and JR* and not a praising of JR and how it blows out the FH5, Kanas, and Polaris. I don't see a single word of "H40" on your first comment.

Basically, you barged in here and recommend the JR to the guy without properly answering his question.

I do not think I tried to barge in intentionally, which you are labeling. There are not a lot of impressions you find about the JR (as compared to H40) so I had to put my words and let the guy know that it can be good to go iem for him. I put the comparisons because he can get an idea about the iem and the sound signatures. I do not think it meant anything negative. And if this offends you or someone because you think it is not fair to let me share my opinion about one of the two things he wanted a view about, that's fine. Moreover, you are being more offensive with your words. I don't have complaints about it though. You can go on and on and let me know how my useless my post was.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #312 of 5,041
Jan 10, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #315 of 5,041
I do not think I tried to barge in intentionally, which you are labeling. There are not a lot of impressions you find about the JR (as compared to H40) so I had to put my words and let the guy know that it can be good to go iem for him. I put the comparisons because he can get an idea about the iem and the sound signatures. I do not think it meant anything negative. And if this offends you or someone because you think it is not fair to let me share my opinion about one of the two things he wanted a view about, that's fine. Moreover, you are being more offensive with your words. I don't have complaints about it though. You can go on and on and let me know how my useless my post was.

Thanks.

Not offended at all, I don't mind if someone likes that jr iem than H40. But to be perfectly honest my dude, your first comment is very bias without properly giving an asnwer to the guy's original question, H40 vs JR.

And now, I don't know what you are talking about. You are avoiding the question still. You could have just PM him or ask him to go see your review of JR. He asked for a comparison of H40 and JR, what is so hard to understand about that. You are avoiding the question my dude. And stop being passive aggressive.

Edit: You just replied to someone who said he has both H40 and JR, "That could offend some. So, please see. Thanks" - Now that's what you call being shady. Dude just accept your mistake and we can call it a wrap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back