ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Oct 31, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #3,061 of 5,041
if your wondering if something like the H50 would be different enough to get if you already own the Volt. The answer to that is YES

Can you please make it more clear why is so ?
Because I didn't quite find in what you wrote the advantage/differentiation H50 has (except the treble emphasis)
In addition hows the difference in terms of clarity? Significant?

I'm actually doesn't have volt yet and hoping on the opposite, to save money with the H50 + Tianwaitin(AKA CEMA version to Totem) instead of buying just the Volt + CEMA copper cable I have already (also mentioned here alongside CEMA 175).
Mucho Thankias🙏

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #3,062 of 5,041
Different sound presentations. I know some folks wanted a bit more in the way of treble emphasis including myself from the Volts. The clarity is actually better on the H50 due to more treble emphasis. But it does not sound as rich or organic as the Volts. I wouldn't say it is a significant factor but some folks like a lot of clarity from their earphone sound. H50 provides that without being strident or overly done there. H50 is not at the Volt level especially for the mids, but it is tuned differently so it provides a different sound profile vs the Volt tuning. For you since you been asking about cables. Volts become a different level using the TOTEMs but that cost as much as the Volts itself.

If you want to maximize the Volts sound that will be up to you.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #3,063 of 5,041
Different sound presentations. I know some folks wanted a bit more in the way of treble emphasis including myself from the Volts. The clarity is actually better on the H50 due to more treble emphasis. But it does not sound as rich or organic as the Volts. I wouldn't say it is a significant factor but some folks like a lot of clarity from their earphone sound. H50 provides that without being strident or overly done there. H50 is not at the Volt level especially for the mids, but it is tuned differently so it provides a different sound profile vs the Volt tuning. For you since you been asking about cables. Volts become a different level using the TOTEMs but that cost as much as the Volts itself.

If you want to maximize the Volts sound that will be up to you.
Alright nice.
And, yea I am also curious how's the H50 scales up with the Totem/other fine cable. 😏

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #3,064 of 5,041
It sounds great using the Totem on the H50. Thicker fuller sound with sound expansion in all fronts. Adds a richer tone to the base sonics of the H50. Since the H50 has ample treble emphasis. Something with gold in it will enhance the tonality for them giving them more of a Penon richness to it.

I do like the included cable on the H50. SPC cables match up well with the sound tuning on the H50. I think pure silver will not be a good match for the H50. More hybrids, SPC or copper based cables will match up better.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #3,065 of 5,041
@Dsnuts i hope you will compare H50 with Land 😉

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #3,066 of 5,041
You know I was gonna mention the H50 does remind me a bit of the Land tuning. They are both energetic sound tuning wise. Their stages are comparable. Which is astounding considering the H50 is half the price of the Lands. Land has more treble emphasis lower to mid trebles. It does have that treble detail that the H50 is not quite at and it doesnt sound as rangy for the trebles like the Lands more premium EST implementation. This being said due to the upper treble emphasis the H50 has a very addictive airy treble sparkle that is somewhat akin to the LANDs treble sparkle. Not exactly the same but has a similar effect. Since LAND has more treble emphasis the mids take more of a step back on the Land vs the H50 mids.

Here is the shocker. H50 value is so good it sounds like a side grade from the Land believe it or not. We are talking an earphone that cost exactly double and Land is no weak sauce in value either. So this is where the SQ level is at on the H50. If you tone down the lower to mid trebles a touch on the Land it would be somewhat comparable to the H50 tuning. LANDs bass is comparable to the H50 bass end here as well.

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #3,067 of 5,041
Would be also interesting how the H50 sounds with tubes ... As I already understood from @ehjie the Volts (along with other non relevant iem) goes very well with it.

Then the H50 will tick all my boxes: very spacious, smooth and fun sound, with nice details and bass extension, plus excellent with tube amps. And to add a cherry 🍒 on top- high VFM iem. That cherry for me, is a must for the IEM cake.

Lol I guess that we need more people having the H50 so Dsnuts won't get too much requests.😜
Good day y'all

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #3,068 of 5,041
So h50 would be a great choice

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #3,071 of 5,041
Folks, just a heads up for 1st time Penon buyers.
I understand it is our right to save, but in order to avoid frustrations and hassles during transport
better get the express service.
Some headfiers in the past have had regrets not using the express mode.
Enjoy your music...

1635745299935.png

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #3,072 of 5,041
Folks, just a heads up for 1st time Penon buyers.
I understand it is our right to save, but in order to avoid frustrations and hassles during transport
better get the express service.
Some headfiers in the past have had regrets not using the express mode.
Enjoy your music...

1635745299935.png
Yeah express shipping is a no brainer for $10.

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #3,073 of 5,041
Would be also interesting how the H50 sounds with tubes ... As I already understood from @ehjie the Volts (along with other non relevant iem) goes very well with it.

Then the H50 will tick all my boxes: very spacious, smooth and fun sound, with nice details and bass extension, plus excellent with tube amps. And to add a cherry 🍒 on top- high VFM iem. That cherry for me, is a must for the IEM cake.

Lol I guess that we need more people having the H50 so Dsnuts won't get too much requests.😜
Good day y'all
Lol, good one.
Have a great day my neighbour, @Laleo ...
:beerchug:

Nov 1, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #3,074 of 5,041

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back