ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Oct 30, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #3,046 of 5,041
D05CA725-A0FF-4829-A3F7-2688AD73476A.jpeg

Oct 30, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #3,047 of 5,041
I would have a hard time choosing between either the EST50 or the H50.
Thank you for your informative impression as always.

What will be the difference betweem EST50 and H50?

Also, if you do not mind, would you give a short comparison between H50 and Fiio FD7?
I know they are like apple and orange in term of configuration and price, however, both intrique me enough.

TIA

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #3,048 of 5,041
EST50 has some higher end drivers involved being the liquid silicone dynamic for bass, Sonion BA for mids. Knowles BA for treble and dual ESTs for the upper trebles, hence the price difference. The tuning on the H50 is different. It is more w shaped sound tuning. the EST50 being more L shaped signature. EST50 is more grounded on its larger highly specialized bass performance. I want to say the H50 has more mids and upper treble emphasis for its balancing than the EST50. I have to give the stage to the H50 however. It has this grand presentation that is tops among ISN earphones. It is probably using cheaper BAs with a cheaper dynamic for its sound. But your not gonna care once you hear these things. Believe me it don't sound anywhere close to being cheap. Lol.

FD7 is not as colored meaning it will be leaning a bit more neutrally for tone, bass to treble both regions has less presence vs the H50. H50 has more emphasis in the 3 regions of sound vs the FD7 with a bit more sparkly upper trebles and more upper mid pinna gain or upper mids emphasis more bass presence vs the FD7 moderate emphasis. FD7s tone timbre and accuracy with its highly resolving sound presentation is what makes them stand out. It is a completely different sound altogether. I want to say its stage presentation is similarly wide but I am leaning more toward the H50 in stage actually. Will have to do a careful head to head to figure that one out. Pure Beryllium is playing on a different level for timbre vs BA stuff. BUT

If your gonna go by accuracy. H50 is not an accurate sounding earphone and you can say all of ISNs line up is not all that accurate but my goodness do they all sound fantastically musical. And when I say musical I mean all encompassing with emphasis in each region of sound. Your gonna get a low deep hitting rumble and not so much to cause your tooth filling to fall out at about 8dbs of sub bass boost, just enough to let you know your getting a deep full rumble and punch . Vocals stand out front and center and within a grander stage presentation it is amazing how atmospheric the H50 sounds. Sparkly and shimmery treble due to ample mid trebles and a treble spike in the upper treble region- something you see in higher end cans. The only other earphone that can capture this atmospheric presentation is the Penon Legend and the Volts.

You guys are really getting a taste of a much higher end tuning with the H50. Think way more refined H40 with advancements on what made the H40 so popular in the first place. That stage and dynamism. Its all there with aplomb.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #3,049 of 5,041
Oct 30, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #3,050 of 5,041
EST50 has some higher end drivers involved being the liquid silicone dynamic for bass, Sonion BA for mids. Knowles BA for treble and dual ESTs for the upper trebles, hence the price difference. The tuning on the H50 is different. It is more w shaped sound tuning. the EST50 being more L shaped signature. EST50 is more grounded on its larger highly specialized bass performance. I want to say the H50 has more mids and upper treble emphasis for its balancing than the EST50. I have to give the stage to the H50 however. It has this grand presentation that is tops among ISN earphones. It is probably using cheaper BAs with a cheaper dynamic for its sound. But your not gonna care once you hear these things. Believe me it don't sound anywhere close to being cheap. Lol.

FD7 is not as colored meaning it will be leaning a bit more neutrally for tone, bass to treble both regions has less presence vs the H50. H50 has more emphasis in the 3 regions of sound vs the FD7 with a bit more sparkly upper trebles and more upper mid pinna gain or upper mids emphasis more bass presence vs the FD7 moderate emphasis. FD7s tone timbre and accuracy with its highly resolving sound presentation is what makes them stand out. It is a completely different sound altogether. Pure Beryllium is playing on a different level for timbre vs BA stuff. BUT

If your gonna go by accuracy. H50 is not an accurate sounding earphone and you can say all of ISNs line up is not all that accurate but my goodness do they all sound fantastically musical. And when I say musical I mean all encompassing with emphasis in each region of sound. Your gonna get a low deep hitting rumble and not so much to cause your tooth filling to fall out at about 8dbs of sub bass boost, just enough to let you know your getting a deep full rumble and punch . Vocals stand out front and center and within a grander stage presentation it is amazing how atmospheric the H50 sounds. Sparkly and shimmery treble due to ample mid trebles and a treble spike in the upper treble region. The only other earphone that can capture this atmospheric presentation is the Penon Legend and the Volts.

You guys are really getting a taste of a much higher end tuning with the H50. Think way more refined H40 with advancements on what made the H40 so popular in the first place. That stage and dynamism. Its all there with aplomb.
But, my 11.11 budget is only so much. Triple D or H50? One, only one. Timbre and tuning is king for me right now. No shout. No treble glare.

The 2021 Hana is heavenly. I would like something to complement it but still be strong where I need it to be.

Genres: JPop (mostly female vocals), singer/songwriter (mostly acoustic), classical, classic rock, and EDM.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #3,051 of 5,041
Well the tunings on these are superb. I know folks are used to seeing a harmonishs tuning be it moondrop or Dunu stuff but ISN has tuned these things to enjoy music with. It is remarkable just how good these things are. The deliberate coloration in the 3 regions are just masterfully done. I would wait and see how the new triple dynamic turns out. I know it will be a fantastic earphone as well. So we will see.

All I can say is the H50 is going to be just as popular as their H40 was maybe even more so. Seems they are ramping up the releases to get ready for the Holiday season. Saving the best for last. H50 the first out of the gate and it is serious business. These things are extremely good punching way above their asking price imo. Folks are gonna get your monies worth in sound and then some with these easily. Oh by the way. I already tried some higher end cables on them. Much like the H40 did before these. These sound stunning with a higher end cable. Even more so than the H40 did.

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #3,052 of 5,041
Last night when I put them in my ears for the first time. The very first thing that hit me was. These sound like the Legends. Lol.
LOL
Yeah, we're getting this - me and @Xinlisupreme - in due time...
:dt880smile:

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #3,053 of 5,041
Well the tunings on these are superb. I know folks are used to seeing a harmonishs tuning be it moondrop or Dunu stuff but ISN has tuned these things to enjoy music with. It is remarkable just how good these things are. The deliberate coloration in the 3 regions are just masterfully done. I would wait and see how the new triple dynamic turns out. I know it will be a fantastic earphone as well. So we will see.

All I can say is the H50 is going to be just as popular as their H40 was maybe even more so. Seems they are ramping up the releases to get ready for the Holiday season. Saving the best for last. H50 the first out of the gate and it is serious business. These things are extremely good punching way above their asking price imo. Folks are gonna get your monies worth in sound and then some with these easily. Oh by the way. I already tried some higher end cables on them. Much like the H40 did before these. These sound stunning with a higher end cable. Even more so than the H40 did.
How about H50 w/ Flow? Or any better, best cable pairing? Thanks...

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #3,054 of 5,041
Oct 31, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #3,055 of 5,041
It's a matter of which is first going to the cart, lol...

Oct 31, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #3,056 of 5,041
IMG_1336.jpeg

The Rolling Stones - Got Live If You Want It! 1966 LIVE mooncresta100 mooncresta100 •

Not much to add that hasn't already been said about the EST50: these are an L-shaped tuning done right. Big, bold, meaty, cohesive, and euphonic. If the Moondrop Variations might be described as having something like a "Clarity" EQ preset applied, then the EST50 could be said to have a "Live" music preset with its subwoofer-like bass presentation.

Treble is delicate, smooth, and relaxed. It's not the last word in air/extension, but it's certainly not stuffy by any means, and there's a surprising amount of sparkle.

Mids are what you'd expect from ISN: meaty, fleshy, rich, and full-bodied, with a tilt towards the lower-mids.

And the bass. Dat bass. Bold, thick, atmospheric, weighty, yet remarkably solid and defined.

Overall decay is what I'd describe as natural. Tonally, they're incredibly cohesive, and if you told me they were an all-DD set up, I'd frankly be none the wiser.

Generally speaking, I'd say their tuning ethos is the direct antithesis of the Variations. The Variations prioritises precision and speed. It's incredibly clean, lean, quick, and detail-oriented. Now the EST50 certainly isn't lacking in any way in terms of resolution--far from it--but absolute clarity, precision, and neutrality are not its sonic priorities.

Rather, it aims for a heightened listening experience. The Sony XBA-Z5--the first IEM I truly fell in love with--is well-loved and unique for its bold, cinematic, speaker-like presentation. The EST50 amplifies those same qualities and elevates that experience to the next level. It wouldn't be a stretch to my mind to describe the EST50 as an XBA-Z5 on steroids. If you enjoyed the H40 or the Sony XBA-N3 too, I suspect you'll find the EST50 very much up your alley.

All told, the EST50 is easily my favourite tribrid, and I personally prefer it to the Variations and Clairvoyance. Pair them with the ePro EP00 Azla Sedna tips and you're golden.

(Edit) One more thing: layering. You would think with the amount of bass on these that layering and separation would suffer, but nope, layering and intelligibility here are surprisingly excellent. These are a sonic rhapsody.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #3,057 of 5,041

FD7 is not as colored meaning it will be leaning a bit more neutrally for tone, bass to treble both regions has less presence vs the H50. H50 has more emphasis in the 3 regions of sound vs the FD7 with a bit more sparkly upper trebles and more upper mid pinna gain or upper mids emphasis more bass presence vs the FD7 moderate emphasis. FD7s tone timbre and accuracy with its highly resolving sound presentation is what makes them stand out. It is a completely different sound altogether. I want to say its stage presentation is similarly wide but I am leaning more toward the H50 in stage actually. Will have to do a careful head to head to figure that one out. Pure Beryllium is playing on a different level for timbre vs BA stuff. BUT

If your gonna go by accuracy. H50 is not an accurate sounding earphone and you can say all of ISNs line up is not all that accurate but my goodness do they all sound fantastically musical. And when I say musical I mean all encompassing with emphasis in each region of sound. Your gonna get a low deep hitting rumble and not so much to cause your tooth filling to fall out at about 8dbs of sub bass boost, just enough to let you know your getting a deep full rumble and punch . Vocals stand out front and center and within a grander stage presentation it is amazing how atmospheric the H50 sounds. Sparkly and shimmery treble due to ample mid trebles and a treble spike in the upper treble region- something you see in higher end cans. The only other earphone that can capture this atmospheric presentation is the Penon Legend and the Volts.

Interesting to me is a further comparison with the Volt . Especially in terms of details, imaging, clear sound.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #3,058 of 5,041

ISN Audio

September 28 ·
In 2019, we produced the H40, 3BA+1DD hybrid IEM. The H40 can compete with the US$400 IEM in the market. A year later, we started to develop the H50. We made several samples and the sound was very good, but it couldn't be better when compared with the H40. We reconsidered that to surpass the H40, the H50 sound must reach US$500. After a year of research and development, we finally did it.
Descripition
Handmade resin shell
Stainless steel nozzle
4 Balanced Armature+1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid MMCX Detachable Audiophile IEMS
2BA for high frequency,2BA for middle frequency
10mm composite diaphragm Dynamic driver for bass
The composite diaphragm is a product made of high-pressure polyethylene as the main raw material and extruded and and formed into bubbles at a high temperature of about 230 degrees. It is a new type of plastic with light texture, good transparency, non-toxic and odorless,It has good shock absorption, impact resistance, heat sealability, enhances the rigidity and elasticity of low and middle frequencies, and improves the sensitivity of the speaker!
Specification
Model: H50
Driver: 4 Balanced Armature +1 Dynamic driver
4BA: 2BA for high frequency,2BA for middle frequency
1 Dynamic: 10mm composite diaphragm Dynamic driver for bass
Impedance: 25ohm
Sensitivity: 108dB
Frequency response: 20-20kHz
3 channels 3-way crossover
Connector: MMCX
Plug: Gold-plated
Cable length: 1.2M

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #3,059 of 5,041
Interesting to me is a further comparison with the Volt . Especially in terms of details, imaging, clear sound.

Volts are more of a mid centric classic Penon tuning. Rich organic full bodied experience that still hold up with todays highest end earphones for sonics. I am fairly certain the BAs being used for the H50 is not as advanced or as expensive as the Volts Sonion BAs for sound. But at the same time if your wondering if something like the H50 would be different enough to get if you already own the Volt. The answer to that is YES.

It most definitely has more treble presence. Bass emphasis is similar for both earphones. The mids are featured more so on the Volts with a class leading density with that richness that a lot of earphones just can't do, but the H50 makes up for it with a slight increase of upper mids with a vocal forward presentation. They both have excellent imaging but the differences there is how rich and fluid the volts mids sound in comparison. H50 is not quite up to that level for the mids but the presentation for the H50 is very dimensional similar to the stock Volts. The volts with the Totem not as much. .

They both use 3 bores for sound which provide clean separation of the 3 bands of the sounds. As my previous post here states. They aren't kidding when they mention these compete with $500 level earphones. This is including their own EST50s.

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #3,060 of 5,041
How about H50 w/ Flow? Or any better, best cable pairing? Thanks...
Just been burning them in non stop since getting them last Friday night. Will try out a few. Wished the H50 was 2 pin as a lot of my newer higher end cables is now in 2 pin but thats why I have adaptors. Will report back later. I would imagine it will match up splendid with the flows but even better with the Mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back