Is UE Triple Fi 10 worth $200?
Apr 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #32 of 45
I would say probably. The sound really is great and I still remember listening to them the first time thinking I've never heard songs sound this amazing.

The fit was horrible for me. They were borderline unusable. I had them remolded by Fisher hearing. It was a little work but now the isolation, and fit is perfect.

My friend picked up the RE0s and for $70 they are good bargain. The sound isn't as good as TF10s (particularly the bass) but I would buy them based on the better fit.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #34 of 45
Paid $200 for these last weekend, cash in hand deal...pair was new in the box.

Have been completely in love with them ever since. I am a chronic iPod shuffler, seldom listening to a whole song, or at least before I found these IEMs. Everything sounds so good on them, it's hard to stop the ride.

Go with 'em!

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #39 of 45
Thanks guys, just got a pair off another user in this forum. Haven't seriously listened to them yet.

BTW when I read other posts I saw people talking about changing the line and using with an amplifier. Does it really improve the sq a lot?

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Buying a Null Audio cable is awesome. Improves the sound quality a lot.

x2
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #43 of 45
I recently got the triple fi's and I was under the impression that they had veiled mids and a v-shaped sound signature, but often times I find that the mids overwhelm the treble as I usually EQ the treble up to get a more natural sound out of these. Once EQed though, they are significantly a step up from the IE7, which I bought for about the same price. It sucks that I had to spend 40$ extra to replace the cable since the default ones came lose at the jack just 3 days after I got them.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Buying a Null Audio cable is awesome. Improves the sound quality a lot.

Eh, I just hate the build quality of the stock cable, the connector is totally without strain relief, and the channel regularly drops out if it bends.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #45 of 45
Yea I noticed some problems with the stock cable a little after I used it; wasn't happy. Meh, I called them and they sent me another one (so I have two unused stock cables if anyone wants to buy one
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back