Is UE Triple Fi 10 worth $200?
Apr 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

kar0015

New Head-Fier
Yes I know I missed the sweet deal of $99 a while ago, but I'm looking for an upgrade from my SE210. Reading about reviews my impression is that it belongs to the top tier headphones but its selling at a discount price.

So my question is does the Tri.Fi10 worth the price tag of $200 or is there better choice around this price range?

I'm currently using Sony A815 and I listen mostly to pop. Both the A815 and the SE210 sounds really warm and I liked it, but I would like to try something different, maybe more analytical.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 45
I guess by reading here you've already figured out some of the main contenders.

"Better" is a difficult word when it comes to the top tier headphones, "different" is really more precise - to answer your question directly, the Triple Fi's are up there with the best, but which ones you prefer will be down to how you like your sound.

Since others cost $200+ these are "comparable"... The thing is, you can probably snag yourself a pair for cheaper from the For Sale section, since a lot of Head-Fi members bought at the cheaper price.

Check out reviews and comparisons on the top tier headphones, they each have their flaws and strengths, and of course your best bet is to audition them! But if that isn't an option, try to make the most informed choice based on what you read (and read a lot!).

Perhaps if you want more analytical but with a touch of warmth, you should check out the Westone 2 as well, quite a few people in the impressions thread say they prefer it to the Triple Fi's.

Good luck!

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 45
absolutely worth $200. I ditch my esw9 for the favor of this. Overall balanced sound (though some complaint about the mid bass hump) Like the previous poster said, find one at ebay for even lower price.

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 45
I <3 mine... real sweet with new cables~

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 45
Absolutely! Great sound, especially the highs, good separation and soundstage. Easily my favorite sounding headphones. Fit could be better, but oh well.

I have the Westone W2's also. Very very comfy, they sound a little bland tho vs the Trips.

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #9 of 45
It's a great IEM, the separation and soundstage makes it a bit more enjoyable than my SE530. But I haven't played with this generation, so I can't give comparatives.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #10 of 45
If your player is warm, you'll probably like the Westone 2. I don't find them analytical at all TBH, just nice and neutral.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #11 of 45
yes the tf10 is really analytical imo, the highs, instrument seperation and details are great.

however if your listening to songs that requires vocals, the mids sounds a little recessed and having great details, you hear a lot of "sss" in the voices.

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 45
Yes because I paid about $350 last year.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 45
Try silver lods and silver cables... everything's just perfect now. Norah Jones right in front of me, the instruments stretching from edge to edge
smily_headphones1.gif
No i'm not gonna go try the JHs and create imperfection if you know what I mean
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes the tf10 is really analytical imo, the highs, instrument seperation and details are great.

however if your listening to songs that requires vocals, the mids sounds a little recessed and having great details, you hear a lot of "sss" in the voices.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I <3 mine... real sweet with new cables~

justanut does the new cables fix the mid problem metion by others(ie the s sound metioned above and the recessed mids)? Which cables did you get and what is you impression with them?

Edit: oops it's right above here. Thanks justanut

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #15 of 45
From what I heard so far I'm more into buying it now. I'm really looking forward to hear more details from my music.

How do you guys think it will couple up with the Sony players? I'm thinking about upgrading to X1050 later and maybe just get a s54
5 for 75 for now.

P.S. I'm using A815 and iphone3g now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back