Is UE Triple Fi 10 worth $200?
Apr 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 45
3G not 3GS? Cos I've only used it on the 3GS, was really good even without an amp. Just a slightly smaller soundstage and a tad sharp on the highs. What I like about the TF10s is the option to customise it with different ear buds and cables. I'm happy with my current combi. Had been a tad tempted by the Ortofons a while back but not anymore
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try silver lods and silver cables... everything's just perfect now. Norah Jones right in front of me, the instruments stretching from edge to edge
smily_headphones1.gif
No i'm not gonna go try the JHs and create imperfection if you know what I mean
popcorn.gif

Just as long as you keep an open mind...
ksc75smile.gif
The TFs are great and well worth the $200, but as I recently found out, it's not fair to compare universals to high-end customs, although people keep trying
smile_phones.gif

Assuming your ear canals are large enough to accommodate the relatively big TF10 cans, they'll serve you well. Yes, the stock cable sucks, and the TF 10 also benefits from amplification.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #20 of 45
I never had any sibilance issues..just felt the trips were too big for my ear canals with extended listening. They have always been one of my fav's sound wise. I also never had a problem with the cable. Used them for over a year and had 0 issues with the cable.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 45
Against its competitors (ER-4? FX500?) it rates just fine. My pair is among my best.

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 45
absolutely worth the money
one of the best universal i have ever heard

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 45
yea just the 3G. Same problem with the highs. Otherwise it doesnt sound too bad comparing to my A815 although A815 sounds slightly better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3G not 3GS? Cos I've only used it on the 3GS, was really good even without an amp. Just a slightly smaller soundstage and a tad sharp on the highs. What I like about the TF10s is the option to customise it with different ear buds and cables. I'm happy with my current combi. Had been a tad tempted by the Ortofons a while back but not anymore
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 45
I'm using the smallest size tips for my SE210. Will I have problems with the fitting of the Tri.Fi.10?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never had any sibilance issues..just felt the trips were too big for my ear canals with extended listening. They have always been one of my fav's sound wise. I also never had a problem with the cable. Used them for over a year and had 0 issues with the cable.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #25 of 45
you would never know until u actually tried it, everyone has different ears.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #28 of 45
At first the trips didn't fit my ears very well at all. After ~10-20 minutes it would get sore from the tips/shell pushing on the tragus, etc. and already did the flip mod. Bought sony hybrids for 6 bucks and sat through the mild-ish/annoying discomfort for over 2-3 weeks. Your ears will toughen up and you won't get discomfort nearly as quickly as you would when you first started inserting them. 2.5-3 months later I will on rare occasion forget I am wearing them, most of the time I'm concious of them being there but no real discomfort.

Just gotta force it to work for you. =P

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #29 of 45
I have some recabled Triple.Fi 10s from Null Audio and love them, however the fit can be tough depending on the size of your ears.

The detail extends nicely along with a good bottom end, and the soundstage is great as well.
As for imaging, it's good, but not the best. Comparing side by side with my UM3Xs... it sounds fuzzy and stuff comes from general areas, but it is still pretty precise.

They sound vastly different than the UM3Xs.. very clean though. Makes pop and electronic/rap music sound amazing.

Apr 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #30 of 45
Of course they are. But UE's warranty support sucks.

And I've never heard of the TF10 being called sibilant until this thread. I had the things in my ears for hours and hours a day, for at least eight months, and never heard a single "shhh" or "ssss" where there shouldn't have been one.

I wonder if "sibilant" is the new "mid bass hump."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back