is this real? are these akg k 702's?
Jan 2, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #136 of 198
Oh boy let's not go there....

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #137 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ That is shocking. I would never imagine that being a good combination.

No kidding. I would love to hear from someone who went from a Fiio amp to something of more quality. As of now, I'm not getting any hiss from cheap connections during normal volume levels, bass is present as well as details and clarity, the sound is a little flat as I said elsewhere, but I'm attributing that to being new headphones with only a few hours of use (approx 15 hours).

I'm using an IPOD Classic as well as portable CD player, and listen primarily to classical music.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #138 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh boy let's not go there....

X2......I had enough posts deleted, although my only intention was to draw his focus to me, and leave marching mule and other senior members alone.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #139 of 198
Assuming this is legit, congratulations to anyone and everyone who lucked out on the deal.

That said, I'll take a K702 off anyone's hands for $100 - instant profit for the seller.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #146 of 198
Well, I'd say that (a) they know there was a mistake (they did take down the sale, after all...it now claims that "the item is currently unavailable from the Manufacturer", which is an obvious kludge, since it's not true), but (b) they have not changed the price yet (check out the "What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?" section on the item page) and (c) they haven't done anything with the payments yet, which could mean any number of things. I'd bet whoever's in on New Year's probably had no idea what to do, so put off the call till the boss gets in on monday.

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #148 of 198
Well another thing to consider is the fact that this deal wasn't found until very early in the morning yesterday (New Year's Day). If this was in fact just someone who fat-fingered the price, why would they be changing the price at that time? This seems like it was planned, similar to the timing of the Triple.Fi deal (which also began very early in the morning).

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #149 of 198
I have a LOT of experience with buy.com.

1) Their customer service answered me immediately (via email, and a person, and my exact question) on the 31st morning your time. 6 hours later or so I got no reply from them. This leads me to believe that their customer service is mostly closed until at least the 2nd and possibly Monday.

2) (the bad news) If it really was a mistake, they will cancel your order, regardless of whether or not they have already charged you. They have refunded me several times because of a missing letter on my address or several other stupid reasons. Then I had to call them and deal with it, it's always a hassle. But they can and will cancel your order at any point if it was really a mistake.

3) (the good news) buy.com often has really amazing deals on all kinds of things for a short time. I have bought $200 speakers from them, twice, two different kinds and occasions, for $15.99. That was not a mistake. I'm quite sure the way they work is that big companies dump their extra inventory that they want to get rid of (usually much older models of current products) onto them. I bought 3 60GB ipods that look absolutely brand new and have perfect battery life from them a few months ago for $99. That sale lasted about 3 days. Other better sales will last just a few hours. This is the way they operate. So you really do have a good chance!

smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back