is this real? are these akg k 702's?
Jan 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #106 of 198
I just deleted 30 posts. If one of yours is missing, consider yourself warned. You can disagree with what a member has to say, but can't cross the line into personal insults, even if the other person started it. This isn't an elementary school playground.

Just want to remind everyone in this thread that if this deal turns out to be true, there is a rule against flipping, meaning you'll be in violation of head-fi rules if you're out to make a quick buck by turning around selling them for profit in the FS forum or through PMs.

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #107 of 198
What an exciting thread! My AKG K702s were bought from ebay for £177, instead of the usual £230 plus. Someone had got hold of about 6 and was putting them on one at a time for bids. The first one went for £150 odd, the second £160 odd and I got the third.

I had not seen them cheaper since I read this. Cant wait to see if the sales go through OK and the cans turn out to be fine.

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #108 of 198
Wow, I just missed a nice deal. All my hopes go to CES where AKG announces the new flagship
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #109 of 198
Jan 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #110 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just deleted 30 posts. If one of yours is missing, consider yourself warned...

Excuse me, but what for am I being warned exactly ???
confused.gif

My post got deleted (not that I care too much about the post itself) and all I did was joke - except if the smiley didn't give it away.

I do not feel warned, I feel offended.

BTW, have a nice year.
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #111 of 198
No tracking number for me yet. I am guessing this place will not be shipping orders on New Year's Day, so we may have to wait til Monday to see if this is legit or not. I haven't checked to see if they charged my credit card yet or not...

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #113 of 198
If this deal turns out to be true and anyone got them and decided to sell them here please consider international shipping.the TF10 that were sold in the for sale forum are all shipped CONUS and no one sell outside to other headfiers like me around the world,which well isn't fair.I would like to get one for my dad,and remember guys these phones need a powerful amp
biggrin.gif
.happy new year .

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #114 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksu06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're prob just gonna pull a dell and cancel the orders ... the more I research, the more it seems like a legit price mistake ... hopefully they don't have dell's BS buyer's agreement allowing them to cancel orders at their discretion!

I doubt it...they're a small seller selling through Buy.com, and probably don't have the whiz legal team Dell does. There are laws about advertised prices and such, so I bet they end up honoring the sales...thyey haven't cancelled mine yet, at least!

ED: Looks like I'm wrong:

Quote:

8. No Responsibility To Sell Mispriced Products Or Services. Buy.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors. Buy.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Buy.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.

They've already withdrawn the item, but the question is whether a third party selling through Buy.com will have the wherewithal to deny the sales, even though it's there in the fine print.

ED2: They've withdrawn the item on Buy, but haven't refunded my card yet or given me any cancellation notice.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #116 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K702 is marketed as professional/studio headphone, it is still on AKG website

Products

Thanks Cankin. The site I have linked to does not have the K702s listed, yet it is the top site I get if I Yahoo akg headphones.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #117 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Cankin. The site I have linked to does not have the K702s listed, yet it is the top site I get if I Yahoo akg headphones.

The 702 is a relatively recent introduction, and it's listed as a professional audio headphone for some reason, but it's really just a K701 with a detachable cable and a less ugly color scheme. Definitely a real product...search around Head-fi for it.

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #119 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a question, what does the k702 terminate in?

It's just a standard 1/4" jack, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back