is this a complete scam or is it a legit site?
Jun 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lethalsinn

New Head-Fier
so i have a question. i stumbled upon a site in searching for cheaper beats, and yes i am almost positive that if i order from the site they will indeed be fakes but for the price i wouldn't mind, the site is http://www.beatsbydrdreaudio.com/monsterbeatsoverearheadphones-c-345.html
my question though, is not the genuineness of the cans because i know they will be fake, but rather would i even get them? the website is obviously an attempt to copy the legit site exactly, so i don't know if they would just take my money and run or if they would send me the headphones and they would just be fake (which id be fine with as long as i got them). i just thought i would ask the experts their oppinions on if this site is trusted to actually send a product or not, and if you don't think so then where do you think i could pick up cheap beats? (fake ones because i mainly want them for the style and this way they would be cheaper, i have a different pair of headphones i listen to for quality). any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!!! thank you!!!

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 20
You've got to be kidding.Your first post is to ask if a web site you're sure is selling a fake product, will actually send you the fake product? Because you want it to look cool? Read your own post, do you understand how ridiculous you sound?  
banghead.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #6 of 20
haha very true... thought about it and im not even going to consider them anymore, read a few reviews and beats sound terrible. does anybody know about the fanny wangs though? i have heard that they are better than the solo hd's but i don't know if anybody here maybe has them and could tell me about them from experience

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
haha very true... thought about it and im not even going to consider them anymore, read a few reviews and beats sound terrible. does anybody know about the fanny wangs though? i have heard that they are better than the solo hd's but i don't know if anybody here maybe has them and could tell me about them from experience

well the idea is that you do not need to spend that much money on a pair of headphones. What exactly are you trying to look for in sound, quality, etc...?

You are basically paying for the brand name. There are headphones that produce good enough sound under $100. Sometimes under $50 too.

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #8 of 20
i want headphones that are stylish (hence why i originally looked at beats), i would like the removable cord feature, and as for quality i like more bass than usual, but not as much bass as the beats supposedly have. i mainly listen to rap and some dubstep but i also listen to country too... (yeah i have a weird taste in music) so headphones that can make a wide range of styles sound good is optimal. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:
i want headphones that are stylish (hence why i originally looked at beats), i would like the removable cord feature, and as for quality i like more bass than usual, but not as much bass as the beats supposedly have. i mainly listen to rap and some dubstep but i also listen to country too... (yeah i have a weird taste in music) so headphones that can make a wide range of styles sound good is optimal. 

From what I learned, the more bass you have the more limited you are to music styles. You have to sacrifice some things, for instance, bass in order for it to perform well in a large variety. To me it's a matter of sound rather than being stylish. Like I said, when you buy beats, you are paying for style and branding, and most people say they suck at sound quality. I just received my JVC HA-RX900s in the mail yesterday. They were $57, good built quality, sound, and comfort. The style is okay though. To me honest, no headphone is really all that stylish especially with big earcups around your ears, and I consider beats to be rather awkward looking. It's mainly for music, however that is up to you for deciding what you wanna do. You can take a look at SOL Republic Tracks, heard those were cool and have a headband you can swap. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #13 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back