Is there any software I can buy that will improve my listening experience?
Nov 9, 2018 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BounceHouse420

New Head-Fier
Software that provides features like bass boost, virtual surround, sound equalization, bass management, and possibly others. My audio setup is a desktop with a Sound Blaster Rx/5 sound card which is hooked up to an amplifier and a 5.1 speaker system (I am also saving up for headphones my Sennheizer Momentum 2.0s broke).

I mainly listen to audio and videos streamed through YouTube or NetFlix.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 7
Foobar offers most of what you asked via plug-ins and is free. with the exception of the virtual surround (which requires another plugin) most of that could be handled by the parametric EQ plug-in.

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Again, foobar supports streaming from a music server or from internet radio stations. Not sure about Tidal etc but it wouldn't surprise me if a plug-in existed for it.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm not entirely sure ... but if altering the sound in many ways is the goal, I'd try to look into a VST host application, that can take your audio players out as input (or an audio player with VST support, that can use the streams you listen to with VST plugin/ability). VST is basically the standard format for all current computer (PC, Mac) based music creation, synthesizers and .... Effects. You could basically chain as many VST plugins in the vst host to alter your sound as you like and since VST is the standard also in all Pro music, the quality of VSTs effects and the amount available is basically extreme. You could basically do whatever to your music .. hall generators, EQs, or go bizarre and run it through delays and distrotion or whatever music effects there are :)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 7
Software that provides features like bass boost, virtual surround, sound equalization, bass management, and possibly others. My audio setup is a desktop with a Sound Blaster Rx/5 sound card which is hooked up to an amplifier and a 5.1 speaker system (I am also saving up for headphones my Sennheizer Momentum 2.0s broke).

I mainly listen to audio and videos streamed through YouTube or NetFlix.

Hmm... in addition for Rx/5 software bundle, maybe EqualizerAPO (partial VST support) + Voicemeeter BANANA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back