Is there absolutely nothing better than the NE-7M at the sub-100 range?
Apr 21, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wrong word there, sorry, but if blue moon is the concern i have seen a few times already
biggrin.gif

gosh i am lucky

Huh?

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh?

Huh? What?
confused_face.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #18 of 47
Quote:

Your chronology/order is way off. The NE7M hit first, got pretty good word of mouth (deservedly so). Next, came the PFEs, which were featured on Anythingbutipod in a review by HFer dfkt. The Apple phones have been out several months as well, with the first review being posted here on 12/16. Only reason they are getting more play here lately is their $35 price on ebay (for used, but actually like new). At that price they are a steal, that's for sure, but also worth their $79 tag. The Monster Turbines, another excellent phone, started out at $149, but many Head-Fi'ers got them free as a review pair (myself included). On etailer has them close to $100, another excellent value.

Not sure what your second statement means. I still prefer my Westone 3s over all my other phones, but feel all the phones you mentioned all offer great value, and to some folks, they do come very close to top tier phones. And to some, albeit a small minority, two of those phones, the Turbines and the PFEs, are as preferred as top tier phones under the right listening conditions (example, the PFEs need an amp to hit their potential).

So what's your point?

my point has been stated, follow the trend, discussions here would always center around few models at the same time.

about my order being wrong, possibly, but reading here gives me such feeling and i am not sure what's wrong about it either. rather or not they are comparable isn't my point either but instead i am again saying what i see on this forum.

instead of asking me what's the point, maybe i was stressing the point that those are good enough and they are around 100? or maybe i was making a mockery on the hype, maybe i am following the trend and to promote apple(mbp and iphone user here, also participating in the asw program :p), or maybe, maybe...

what would you like my point to be? since you just like to ask after being stated :p

ps. sorry if it sound anything negative, english isn't my first language here, relax.

to your huh* post, i was saying i have seen a few blue moon rather than seeing it "often". if you read the quote it was a respond to voltage
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #19 of 47
Unless someone (or better yet, a group of people) takes the initiative to review all regular street priced sub-$100 option currently out there (or at least most of them), none of us can be make the claim of which is the best among them. Head-fi, like any community, can have unintentional collective bias. Just because it is very popular here doesn't necessary means it is definitely better - though it does indicate a certain value above its price range.

One of the reason I never sold any of my IEM is because I often find myself going back to my old reviews while comparing difference IEM. That gives me multiple precise reference points where I can make more objective judgment instead of relying on memory. I am planning to get the NE-7M soon, and maybe the ADDIEM later. It will be interesting to see how would them compare to each other, if I eventually get them.

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

my point has been stated, follow the trend, discussions here would always center around few models at the same time.

about my order being wrong, possibly, but reading here gives me such feeling and i am not sure what's wrong about it either. rather or not they are comparable isn't my point either but instead i am again saying what i see on this forum.

instead of asking me what's the point, maybe i was stressing the point that those are good enough and they are around 100? or maybe i was making a mockery on the hype, maybe i am following the trend and to promote apple(mbp and iphone user here, also participating in the asw program :p), or maybe, maybe...

what would you like my point to be? since you just like to ask after being stated :p

ps. sorry if it sound anything negative, english isn't my first language here, relax.

to your huh* post, i was saying i have seen a few blue moon rather than seeing it "often". if you read the quote it was a respond to voltage
biggrin.gif

Just did not get your original point, so I asked what your point was. Guess that's not a fair question. You then explain that your point could be many things/angles, which is why I asked. I get that English isn't your first language. But that made it difficult for me to understand exactly what you were trying to tell the OP, who asked a simple question in the thread title.

You are trying to tell the OP to follow the trend of how the discussions always center around the same models. That doesn't really answer his question/challenge.

All he asked was to convince him there is a better choice among the under $100 phones than the NuForce phones. I responded that three IEMs, that I have owned, qualify in my view. Two I still own, one I sold. Pretty simple. I can't recommend phones I haven't tried/used (though people do, which I feel is not always helpful). Expect some others will make other recommendations, such as the person who posted the used PFEs. Sure there will be more. Why confuse the issue? He asked for suggestions, and I answered with my suggestions.

Not trying to be negative, but why muck up the thread with a POV that really doesn't help answer the OP's question/challenge? He didn't ask about comparing under-$100 phones to top tier phones, for example.

I agree with Clieos that it's a very challenging task, but I was just trying to give the OP what he asked for...suggestions.

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Just did not get your original point, so I asked what your point was. Guess that's not a fair question. You then explain that your point could be many things/angles, which is why I asked. I get that English isn't your first language. But that made it difficult for me to understand exactly what you were trying to tell the OP, who asked a simple question in the thread title.

You are trying to tell the OP to follow the trend of how the discussions always center around the same models. That doesn't really answer his question/challenge.

All he asked was to convince him there is a better choice among the under $100 phones than the NuForce phones. I responded that three IEMs, that I have owned, qualify in my view. Two I still own, one I sold. Pretty simple. I can't recommend phones I haven't tried/used (though people do, which I feel is not always helpful). Expect some others will make other recommendations, such as the person who posted the used PFEs. Sure there will be more. Why confuse the issue? He asked for suggestions, and I answered with my suggestions.

Not trying to be negative, but why muck up the thread with a POV that really doesn't help answer the OP's question/challenge? He didn't ask about comparing under-$100 phones to top tier phones, for example.

I agree with Clieos that it's a very challenging task, but I was just trying to give the OP what he asked for...suggestions.

i give up, you win, lol
pointless to explain further especially when this discussion isn't helping the starter and it seems you just refuse to understand.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #23 of 47
"Better" is a relative term. Better how? In what ways? It depends upon personal preference.

The NE-7M has a number of good qualities but also a few faults. It depends upon if the good aspects overshadow the faults and if the sound is the type of sound you prefer.

The best thing you can do for us is describe, in as great a detail and as descriptively as possible, how you like your earphones to sound. What sound characteristics do you prefer? What specific aspects do you want? What don't you like? Etc., etc....

From this info, we can gauge if the NE-7M is even a compatible option for you. Maybe it's a great fit. Maybe it's the complete opposite of what you want.

There will always be a "best fit" option, and that option will be the most appropriate choice...whatever it may be.

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

i give up, you win, lol
pointless to explain further especially when this discussion isn't helping the starter and it seems you just refuse to understand.

Not refusing to understand. Just not sure what the post had to do with the original thread question is all. No winner, just trying to offer some suggestions to the OP.

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #25 of 47
He already owns the NE-7M, and says he loves them. So it already is a compatible option for him. He was just trying to get some ideas about what other comparably-priced phones are good enough for him to try something else in the price range.

No doubt, better is a relative term. The OP, by saying the NE-7M is the premier "low budget" phone, was challenging anyone who has a better option to list them and say why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Better" is a relative term. Better how? In what ways? It depends upon personal preference.

The NE-7M has a number of good qualities but also a few faults. It depends upon if the good aspects overshadow the faults and if the sound is the type of sound you prefer.

The best thing you can do for us is describe, in as great a detail and as descriptively as possible, how you like your earphones to sound. What sound characteristics do you prefer? What specific aspects do you want? What don't you like? Etc., etc....

From this info, we can gauge if the NE-7M is even a compatible option for you. Maybe it's a great fit. Maybe it's the complete opposite of what you want.

There will always be a "best fit" option, and that option will be the most appropriate choice...whatever it may be.

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #30 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, I might try the Apple in-ears. I just wish they weren't stark white and had that weak plug.

White is COOL.

Plug is VERY durable just like the one on ibuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back