Is there absolutely nothing better than the NE-7M at the sub-100 range?
Apr 23, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #46 of 47
It all depends on the tip. Not any harshness to my ears with the large Sony hybrid tips, clear and clean. I guess one person's harsh is another person's clean, crisp high. And of course, harsh is a subjective term. So you may be glad you have the NE-7Ms, but my subjective view is that the ADDIEMs are more musical, less colored, and sound, well, better - especially at $15 less than the NE-7Ms (which I always found uncomfortable, cause I could not seem to get a good fit. There's that F word again).

Joe is using the Shure olives with the ADDIEMs, which I disliked in a major way. I am using the large Sony hybrids, which do not require a deep insertion, and deliver some very good bass compared to other tips I have tried with the ADDIEMs. Also, Joe gives praise to both phones, for different reasons. I wish he could hear the ADDIEMs the way I do, because to me, the olives ruined their sound.

So again, it's not a clear-cut fact that the ADDIEMs are harsh (or to digital sounding) compared to the NE-7Ms. Granted, BA phones tend to deliver different sound signatures than dynamic phones, but to me, it's all about fit/tips. When I was using the OEM tips and dabbled with the Klipsch gels, I might have agreed, but the Sony tips really bring out the best in the ADDIEMs.

There really is only one way for you to know if the NE-7Ms are a better choice than the ADDIEMs, and that is to try them both. Your OP questions whether there is anything under $100 that can even compare to the NE-7Ms. I think there is.

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #47 of 47
i know i'm diggin up an old thread and i'm gunna get crap for this... but i figured why start a new thread.

How about the cyclone pr1 pro's? Even though build quality and bass is worse compared to the ne7m's, the soundstage and detailing is better, correct? It lacks a mic but I don't think that's what this thread's about. I want to know how other people would compare the cyclone to the nuforce, as they are around the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back