Is the upgrade worth it ?
Jan 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SockFolder

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone

I am looking to upgrade my current headphones. I have 2-3 years old pair of HD555s (modded of course) plugged to a Titanium HD. I want the headphones mostly for music, since the only game I pretty much play is Starcraft. I listen to pretty much every music style possible, from classic to any sort of electronic music, rock, jazz etc. so I am looking for neutral cans, not a basshead anyway.

Since I alreayd have a Titanium HD I don't think a DAC is required so I was looking at some DT880s Premium (600ohm) and a Fiio E7, seemed like a good deal to me. I don't want to spend more than 400$. Im pretty newbie to this, even if I have been reading quite a lot about it recently. total so do you guys think it is a well worth upgrade? Should I be looking at different phones?

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hello everyone

I am looking to upgrade my current headphones. I have 2-3 years old pair of HD555s (modded of course) plugged to a Titanium HD. I want the headphones mostly for music, since the only game I pretty much play is Starcraft. I listen to pretty much every music style possible, from classic to any sort of electronic music, rock, jazz etc. so I am looking for neutral cans, not a basshead anyway.

Since I alreayd have a Titanium HD I don't think a DAC is required so I was looking at some DT880s Premium (600ohm) and a Fiio E7, seemed like a good deal to me. I don't want to spend more than 400$. Im pretty newbie to this, even if I have been reading quite a lot about it recently. total so do you guys think it is a well worth upgrade? Should I be looking at different phones?

Thanks!

Have you considered the HD600 or HD650? If you like the Sennheiser sound, they are a neat step up.

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Have you considered the HD600 or HD650? If you like the Sennheiser sound, they are a neat step up.

Yeah I have my dad has some Hd600s and they sounds amazing but I can't seem to find them anywhere in canada for under 500$ sadly. I would love if I could buy some new ones but they are over my budget and I read you really need a good amp for those as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back