1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Is the upgrade worth it ?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sockfolder, Jan 2, 2012.
  1. SockFolder
    Hello everyone

I am looking to upgrade my current headphones. I have 2-3 years old pair of HD555s (modded of course) plugged to a Titanium HD. I want the headphones mostly for music, since the only game I pretty much play is Starcraft. I listen to pretty much every music style possible, from classic to any sort of electronic music, rock, jazz etc. so I am looking for neutral cans, not a basshead anyway.

Since I alreayd have a Titanium HD I don't think a DAC is required so I was looking at some DT880s Premium (600ohm) and a Fiio E7, seemed like a good deal to me. I don't want to spend more than 400$. Im pretty newbie to this, even if I have been reading quite a lot about it recently. total so do you guys think it is a well worth upgrade? Should I be looking at different phones?

Thanks!

2. ssrock64

Quote:
    Have you considered the HD600 or HD650? If you like the Sennheiser sound, they are a neat step up.

3. SockFolder

Quote:

Yeah I have my dad has some Hd600s and they sounds amazing but I can't seem to find them anywhere in canada for under 500$ sadly. I would love if I could buy some new ones but they are over my budget and I read you really need a good amp for those as well.