Is the ultrasone edition 8 the right headphone for me?
Aug 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #46 of 50
Quote:
I actually took the plunge and bought the ed. 8 ruthenium guys. I realized that I wouldn't rest unti l I gave them a shot. They arrived a few hours ago and I gave them a bit of a listen without breaking in. So far I am underwhelmed. They do look amazing, maybe the best looking phones out there. But they don't necessarily sound like that out of the box. I have noticed a few shreek highs, but admittedly I am using 320 or V0 MP3s out of a galaxy nexus phone, and they are completely unbroken.. so disregard this premature opinion for now guys.
I am burning them in now playing my casual music at 80% volume. Maybe I can get some FLACs as well. Stay tuned for a review. I am also on the lookout for a not too expensive portable amp, if anyone wants to throw a suggestion. Either a normal one or a USB dac , if it gives much better quality.

Nice ... but... TOLD YA! :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623446/is-the-ultrasone-edition-8-the-right-headphone-for-me/15#post_8635008

:wink:

But really, just let your ears/brain get used to the signature and then you will probably grasp more differences (be them good or bad) when comparing against your current headphones. Do let us know how you like them after a few days of constant use.

Good Luck!

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #47 of 50
Well i am generally politically correct but when someone does something that is known to be just wrong out here i will call them on it.  There is a reason that we tell our experience, not just hear say.  It is so others can make an informed decision with their purchases....in this case it was over a thousand dollar purchase too, which even makes it more crucial.

Congrats on the Ed8s.  I never use them straight out of a player myself and noticed very little burn in.  I would say what you see is what you get but i have heard others notice an acclamation period for the s-logic, which i may have had happen a bit, some call it brain burn in.  Of course that won't occur if you just let them burn without listening.  

Good luck, hope they work for you.  I would suggest lossless files and a portable amp but that's just me.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back