Is my K701 fake? :(
Jan 10, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #46 of 62
Cankin,
Buttons on your K601 are exactly same as mine. Do you mind telling me where you purchased yours?
Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you wanna get rid of it, I offer $100 for this "fake" K701
redface.gif

EDIT: oh, I just realized my K601 doesn't have "those 3 rings" as well

3152723799_b27d6e04cd_b.jpg

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minsei,
I also sent pics of my K701 to AKG and asked them to confirm whether it is genuine one or not. Below is their reply.

"Yes sir, by the looks of it... it seems as though you probably purchased a slightly different K701 that have the AKG buttons a bit different... we have seen these come through the Service Department before. I believe these buttons were used a while back though they have replaced those buttons with the newer ones with the 3 rings around the AKG.

But yes these are genuine AKG headphones.... made in china by wan chi in flat.

you want to buy dvd? i have dvd...all film you like, filmed from back of cinema. you buy dvd from wan chi? two dollar?
"

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #48 of 62
If Arnold was still in Austria, instead of Calee-forn-ya, this never would have happened!

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00264167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minsei,
I also sent pics of my K701 to AKG and asked them to confirm whether it is genuine one or not. Below is their reply.

"Yes sir, by the looks of it... it seems as though you probably purchased a slightly different K701 that have the AKG buttons a bit different... we have seen these come through the Service Department before. I believe these buttons were used a while back though they have replaced those buttons with the newer ones with the 3 rings around the AKG.

But yes these are genuine AKG headphones.... made in china by wan chi in flat.

you want to buy dvd? i have dvd...all film you like, filmed from back of cinema. you buy dvd from wan chi? two dollar?

one dollar for dvd. three dollar for headphone made by wan chi in flat. i have headphone you like. genuine headphone made in flat, you buy now?

Jan 10, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #50 of 62
Aha. So the whole reason why they ignored my multiple emails was "since you are not living in the US, we don't give a s**t"?
tongue_smile.gif
They surely replied yours fast enough. Damn, I shouldn't have mentioned I'm a Canadian
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for letting me know, HF_Frodo.

Quote:

minsei,

But yes these are genuine AKG headphones."

Jan 10, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #51 of 62
Mine have the 3 cardoids around AKG and I believe it improves transient air transmission to the driver by delaying the vibrations exerted by the electrons fighting the impedance of the wire entering the driver and thusly reducing air movement equalization around the earcups allowing for more efficient flow increasing the ability of the driver to produce sub 500hz sounds.

600 for mine, free shipping conus
tongue.gif

Dave

Jan 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #53 of 62
Quote:

My new K701 arrived and it looks very similar to yours. Logo on stand & headband is "AKG" without rings. Only differece is placement of "AKG" and "L/R" on headband is switched.
By the way, did you get any reply from AKG?

I bought mine new from Amazon.com and they look exactly like yours. They sound authentic and that's what matters, but it still bothers me on some level that they're designed differently than stock photographs.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #54 of 62
Minsei's 701 seems quite genuine to me from the pics.

As to the buttons, I recently purchased K702 from a fellow headfier, which were initially purchased in September 2008 from a German dealer. They have the circles on the buttons and they have 7 bumps on the headband, not 8.

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #56 of 62
Hi guys, my ath ad700 arrived today ( bought from ebay) . they look and sound great but i noticed weird typo on the package..

"EXTREMELY HIGH CODUCTIVE PCCOCC CABE WITH TITANIUM SHEATING"

is this common typo with the pads, or should i contact the seller?

/sorry of off topic

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #57 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikami /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"EXTREMELY HIGH CODUCTIVE PCCOCC CABE WITH TITANIUM SHEATING"

I see three words misspelled there.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #58 of 62
Manufacturers need to keep the same model and stop messing with our heads.

PS I just noticed that although my headphones are exactly the same as Frodo's the mini stand that comes with them is different. It's got the AKG rings on the stand. So add that to the variation list for AKG 701s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back