Is my K701 fake? :(
Jan 2, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #16 of 62
Apart from the logo, serial number and aging, they're identical to my pair. Don't be concerned mate, burn-in and enjoy them
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #18 of 62
minsei if you live in the vancouver area of B.C you could compare your k701 to mine which have the ring markings to put your mind at ease. From the looks of things it seems to be authentic but I would contact AKG with the modle # as sherwood sugested.

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by slypher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minsei if you live in the vancouver area of B.C you could compare your k701 to mine which have the ring markings to put your mind at ease. From the looks of things it seems to be authentic but I would contact AKG with the modle # as sherwood sugested.

slypher// That's exactly what I did prior to post this thread. Unfortunately, I live in Toronto, ON.
frown.gif

Cankin// That makes me feel better.
bigsmile_face.gif
Did you buy it from a trusted seller? Speaking of detail, mine looks exactly same as yours. Have you listened to them on a decent system? How do they sound?

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by minsei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
slypher// That's exactly what I did prior to post this thread. Unfortunately, I live in Toronto, ON.
frown.gif

Cankin// That makes me feel better.
bigsmile_face.gif
Did you buy it from a trusted seller? Speaking of detail, mine looks exactly same as yours. Have you listened to them on a decent system? How do they sound?

I've owned K701/K501/K271MKII and this pair of K601 has that AKG sound which I'm familiar with, but there differences between each other.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #23 of 62
Your 701s look exactly like mine. I purchased mine on ths sales forums. The original owner, wharfrat1, purchased them from Headroom and provided me with the original receipt. Your 701s are not fakes.

Jan 3, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 701s look the same as yours... they sound pretty good for fakes!

Yea. I started to listen to them myself and they sound pretty damn good compared to my AD700.
regular_smile .gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #27 of 62
I got mine from Amazon about a month ago, and they look just like yours. I seriously doubt they are fakes. Other people who got them from different sources say they look the same. If they are fake, then we've all been had.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
minsei,
I'm expecting to receive new K701 that I purchased from Amazon sometime this week. I'll compare it with your pics when I get it.

Thanks, HF_Frodo
smily_headphones1.gif

Pyramid6 & blazeops// You mean the logos on yours don't have the three rings as well?

Yeah. At this point, I don't think they are fake anymore. My pair sound fantastic, and I've seen other people's k701s that look exactly the same as mine (including logo). Still waiting for reply from AKG, though.

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #29 of 62
minsei,
My new K701 arrived and it looks very similar to yours. Logo on stand & headband is "AKG" without rings. Only differece is placement of "AKG" and "L/R" on headband is switched.
By the way, did you get any reply from AKG?

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #30 of 62
I would say the chances of those being fake is zero. The cost of the tooling for all those parts and the attention to detail make it a very unlikely fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back