Is It Really Worth 'Upgrading' Sennheiser HD 580/600/650 Cables?
Apr 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #196 of 421
Quote:
Its worth it if you think it sounds better and If you think it sounds better, it does :wink:.  Quality of sound is psychological and not so much scientific when it comes to cables...

Sort of like how a clean car drives better.  I know it isn't true but it really really seems true when I'm driving.

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #201 of 421
Quote:
FYI. I just returned the Cardas cable becuase it generates static when the plug is moved while plugged in. I don't have issue like this with the stocked cable. Beside I cannot really tell any difference with the Cardas cable, rather spend that $220 on something else.

This must be your ears. The Cardas opens up the 650's, improving soundstage and removing the veil...

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #202 of 421
^ this.
The equinox cable is a bigger improvement.

But, if you can't hear the difference, please don't say that others can't.

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #203 of 421
Quote:

This must be your ears. The Cardas opens up the 650's, improving soundstage and removing the veil...

Or his ears are fine and he just did a proper, less biased comparison?

Quote:

If you haven't been abducted by aliens, please don't say that others haven't. Do you see the fallacy?

In other words if you and others spread anecdotes about hearing differences then please don't expect others to take them as anything other than anecdotes.
Keeping in mind that this is the sound science forum it is not unreasonable to require some kind of scientific evidence whose requirements clearly are not met by anecdotes.

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #205 of 421
Quote:
FYI. I just returned the Cardas cable becuase it generates static when the plug is moved while plugged in. I don't have issue like this with the stocked cable. Beside I cannot really tell any difference with the Cardas cable, rather spend that $220 on something else.

May be a result of either poor solder joint in the cable or even loosening of the connector springs in the headphone driver assembly - or even more low-tech maybe the plug isn't inserted all the way?  Static should not be happening irregardless!

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #207 of 421
Dunno if you were sarcastic the last time, but now you definitely are, right?

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #210 of 421
The stock cable work fine no static and I have a shorter Cardas before this one which doesn't have the same problem. So I think it is a problem the connector.

I did not said others can't but to my untrained ears, there is no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back