Is it possible to increase 40-400 Hz range in headphones?
Jun 19, 2023 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RaynFox

New Head-Fier
Hi, is there any way that I could possibly increase about 40-400 Hz range in open backed headphones?
They are planar headphones and I'd like to achieve something similar to Meze Elite
What I want to achieve:
1687206329136.png

What I have:
1687206364647.png

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Of course, you can use an equalizer!
You'll need to work on the exact settings a bit, but maybe add a low shelf up to 400 Hz and another low shelf with negative gain downwards from 40 Hz if you don't want the added subbass. You can play around a bit with the sloping values and gain until it sounds smooth.

If you use Windows, I'd recommend Equalizer APO with the PEACE add-on software for tweaking the settings more easily.

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Of course, you can use an equalizer!
You'll need to work on the exact settings a bit, but maybe add a low shelf up to 400 Hz and another low shelf with negative gain downwards from 40 Hz if you don't want the added subbass. You can play around a bit with the sloping values and gain until it sounds smooth.

If you use Windows, I'd recommend Equalizer APO with the PEACE add-on software for tweaking the settings more easily.
Hi, I did do this with an equalizer, that's how it grew on me with the rest of my frequency response. But that's limited to devices that have the ability to EQ like that.

The question was more meant on hardware level - doesn't have to be exactly like what the Elite have, but at least similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back