Is it my ears or the headphone?
Jul 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #16 of 19
I've noticed the same thing with my ESW10's (and other high quality headphones). My right ear is a lot more sensitive to treble, music sounds "clearer", and when it's loud enough my ear will distort the sound. Old hearing damage I believe.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #17 of 19
Some artists will place different instruments on different sides (check out the necromancer by Rush, the guitar moves from right to left gradually in the middle of solos), and i find it more entertaining than distracting. it could be your ears, but usually i find a bass guitar on my left ear (no matter what phone i use) and electric guitar on right. vocals and drums seem to be spread evenly.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #18 of 19
It could just be soundstage and the way the music is recorded. Might even be what you plugged into. A lot of music does have the voice skewed to a certain direction. 

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet
beerchug.gif
 I was 15 a few weeks ago too.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #19 of 19
**** Man!
I have got the same problem, I guess. 
I just got a pair of VSonics and I was disappointed how the bass sounded at 11.30!
I felt so depressed but then I realized how my previous IEMs sounded the same. So I switched over the drivers and no change in sound, except for the reverse stereo. The Bass still sounded at 11.30. It's more of a 11:00 for me. I have this recurring problem. Sometimes imaging is fine, sometimes it isn't but I noticed I always had the issue with my right ear piece. I guess, it's damaged or something by mobile use or whatever. 
This sucks big time, more so if you're a sound OCD.!!
I wanna destroy something right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back