Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
Aug 28, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #91 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe people are even contributing to this topic considering the Web site we're all on. This is like arguing for the sake of arguing. iBuds aren't even SUPPOSED to be very good. That's why they're bundled with the iPod.

I tried to listen to even podcasts on the original 2G nano iPod earbuds and it was terrible, with thin and tinny sound that left everything to be desired. Even the cheap Philips HE592 was a major step up, with surprising clarity for spoken-word podcasts.

That's why I have the Etymotic Research ER-6i as my primary iPod headphone, with the Creative EP-630 as a backup.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #92 of 96
I never found the buds I got with my 5G iPod last december (whatever bud model that was) to be truly that bad. True, they aren't the most detailed buds and the sound quality is somewhat muddy, especially with regards to bass, but most of the time I listened to them with my iPod I wasn't in a scenario where I was in any position to truly analyze the sound quality - if you're in a nice quiet place, odds are you aren't listening to your iPod and thus probably not using the iBuds.

What I did notice was how easily they blew out. I made the mistake of turning the volume waaay up for a movie, then switching back to music. blasted my ears for about a quarter of a second before I jerked them out, and after playing on full volume with some moderately bass heavy rock for about 10 seconds (I was more concerned with my ears than the buds), the sound quality was noticeably far worse, even in those less than optimal listening conditions.

They aren't the worst earbuds you can buy (Skullcandy, anyone?), but any fairly priced $20 buds can outperform them pretty easily. If you're just using them to have music playing and not focusing on the music itself, then I think they're fine.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #93 of 96
I personally enjoyed my iBuds while they were in my possession. They were comfortable and got the job done. As long as you have no expectations from them, just turn on your ipod and start listening... they actually produce music you can enjoy on the go

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #95 of 96
Yeah, they're not that bad ... until you consider how soundly they're beaten by a certain $20 clip-on. I know the KSC75 is the exception rather than the rule, but it's still sad to see how many people only experience their music through ibuds, after purchasing a $200+ music player. I guess it's a testament to how bad most bargain headphones are, when the ibuds actually seem pretty good in comparison.

Aug 28, 2007 at 11:13 AM Post #96 of 96
I've never had iBuds because my iPod was a birthday gift I got second-hand from my brother and mom. Until I need another iPod, I doubt I ever will get the chance to try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back