Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
Aug 13, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #61 of 96
MAN!

ARE YOU ALL SERIOUS???

i found them so.. .. "UNdetailled"

they ARE JUST SO COLOURED!

and...

SO NOT DETAILLED!!

i couldnt even compare them to my PX100 - no to mention K701!

guys, are you serious???

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #62 of 96
The stock iBuds that came with my iPod were pretty terrible to be honest, even for stock headphones. No bass at all, screeeeechy mids and poor highs.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #63 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stock iBuds that came with my iPod were pretty terrible to be honest, even for stock headphones. No bass at all, screeeeechy mids and poor highs.

exactly!! kind of the same!

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #64 of 96
I know now what to do with mine:

strip the connector off and hook it up to a friends bridged 1000 watt car amp and put in a bass cd...
wink.gif

An actual good use for the stock buds!

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #65 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know now what to do with mine:

strip the connector off and hook it up to a friends bridged 1000 watt car amp and put in a bass cd...
wink.gif

An actual good use for the stock buds!

LOL

i have to try that one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #67 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah they sound good......better than all my phones.

LOL

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #68 of 96
I miss my buds some days. I thought they were the greatest things ever until i got my marshmallows when the ibuds quit. I agree, best bundled headphones but nothing compared to 20 well spent dollars at ratshack or bestbuy

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #69 of 96
WhenI read the title to this thread I almost spit my tea up on the monitor form laughing....

I have six pairs of them, used them when I got the 3rd gen ipod for about 2 weeks. After that I have been giving them away.

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #70 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL

i have to try that one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Darn it!
blink.gif
I called my friend today and he sold his system.
frown.gif

If you do fry them, put it on youtube and provide us a link to it in this thread!
cool.gif
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #71 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Argh... you actually made me have a listen to my iBuds. I have the 2G iBuds.

My short listening notes: They're quite bright. The upper midrange sticks out a lot. The bass slightly smears into the lower mids. There generally isn't enough bass. Lack of overall definition. Slight murkiness in the mids and bass reminds me of the HD650 sound signature. Overall dreamy, diffuse sound. Mids warmer than the K701. Treble extension is poor. Overall detail is not that bad, but clarity is severely lacking especially during complex orchestral passages. Play simple solo stuff and they sound fine. Play Shostakovich and Mahler symphonies and you'd wish you were deaf. The tone of pianos and violins is surprisingly realistic though. Bass extension is poor, as expected. Mid bass is strong and punchy, but undefined.

Time for some burn-in
evil_smiley.gif

graphCompare.php

Now why would they be bright?

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #72 of 96
oh, no -- they're horrible! everything is smeared and sounds compressed -- like for radio. they're definitely designed for low bit-rate aac.

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #73 of 96
Try the microwave mod on them.

I hear it really brings out the bass and treble.

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #74 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
graphCompare.php

That graph is for the older version of the stock iPod earbuds. A graph for the newer version is currently unavailable.

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #75 of 96
Geez guys...give the iBuds a chance. Just burn them in for a few weeks and they will show their true colours
wink.gif

I burnt mine in for like a year...and man did they sound good! ...then I found head-fi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back