Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
May 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

verticalforce

Head-Fier
My brain must have gone wonky or something since it's nearing the exam, but i bought a shuffle, which is coincidentally my first ipod and I thought that the new earbud is pretty darn good.

This is coming from a Shure E500 owner as well. It's no match for the E500, obviously, but for casual listening I find them more enjoyable since they are extremely comfy to my ear, I felt as if I have two small pillows rest on them!

Is it just me? I kept hearing of people throwing away their apple buds, heck, if you don't want them, be sure to post them to me.

The comfiness of the earbuds to my ears must have clouded my judgement somehow...hmmm..

If only I didn't know of this website in the past, then I could have wallowed in self ignorance while enjoying the earbuds.

LOL.

PS. I'm scared, i haven't studied much.

PPS. My ears are weird thing, the sound probably sounds worse tomorrow.

May 6, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 96
yea people are too critical of them imo. Theyre probably the best stock earbuds given out with an mp3 player. everything is muddy, the bass is overpowering, theres no mids or highs, but hey ... its free!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 96
I have quite small ears, so I could never get a good fit on either the new or old ibuds. When I used a pair recently though they sounded worse than I remembered, yuck!

May 6, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 96
Argh... you actually made me have a listen to my iBuds. I have the 2G iBuds.

My short listening notes: They're quite bright. The upper midrange sticks out a lot. The bass slightly smears into the lower mids. There generally isn't enough bass. Lack of overall definition. Slight murkiness in the mids and bass reminds me of the HD650 sound signature. Overall dreamy, diffuse sound. Mids warmer than the K701. Treble extension is poor. Overall detail is not that bad, but clarity is severely lacking especially during complex orchestral passages. Play simple solo stuff and they sound fine. Play Shostakovich and Mahler symphonies and you'd wish you were deaf. The tone of pianos and violins is surprisingly realistic though. Bass extension is poor, as expected. Mid bass is strong and punchy, but undefined.

Time for some burn-in
evil_smiley.gif

May 6, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #11 of 96
maybe its just me, but they dont fit in my ear AT ALL. Im not sure if my ear is weird but if im jogging with them in, they will fall out in the first 15 seconds. They get painful after a while and i dont get any type of seal...

May 6, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #13 of 96
Zacorias, the opposite applies to me. This is the only earbud that I had ever tried that actually fit in my ear.

I guess it's weird like that. If you have a perfect fit, then only can you appreciate the quality of this bud. (compare to other stock buds) It's a bit like IEM, really.

May 6, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #14 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacorias /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe its just me, but they dont fit in my ear AT ALL. Im not sure if my ear is weird but if im jogging with them in, they will fall out in the first 15 seconds. They get painful after a while and i dont get any type of seal...

Same here pal.

May 6, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #15 of 96
I hated them. No bass, don't fit in my ears..(no earphones, buds etc that I've found have though.)
I also don't like the iPods I've used. No bass, tinny sound. Weak mids, just meh all around.

Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back