Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
May 9, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #31 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main beef with them is they blow within a month if you listen at even a slightly loud level...

Haha, happened to me as well. When I used my 3G iPod (the 3rd gen is to me one of the most beautiful piece of consumer electronics designs to grace our society - the touch controls were a b*tch to use though, so its purely out of a looks perspective) one of the buds blew quickly, possibly due to wear and tear coupled with volume abuse.

But I don't think they sound too bad. Compare them to the stock buds from 10-15 years ago (my time perspective might be off here) and they sound quite good. I mean if they *didn't* sound worse than any retail bud/iem around $50 it'd be an embarrassment to that particular maker, wouldn't it? I'd be more pissed off if buds/IEMs that I actually spent money on sounded worse than my stock iBuds...

Whatever the asking price for buying the iBuds separately I don't think even Apple expects too many iBud sales.

To me buds have their place as a portable *non* soundblocking earphone, especially since we've gotten the Yuin PK-series, it seems
biggrin.gif
Though, I haven't heard them I'm thinking of getting at least the PK2 since the Amadana buds I have feel a bit too eye-catching when traveling.

May 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #33 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard Apple is gonna use Yuins as their stock buds? when is that gonna happen?

Probably on the 12th.

The 12th of Never.

May 9, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #35 of 96
ive never found any ear-bud to please me much and i have gone through many. but, the ipod earbud has been my favourite in all exept one category - comfort. they hurt after a bit, but compared to all others that come with a player - by far the best i have heard and that is compared to senn mx400 as well. cannot say enough good but the comfort..

good thread

May 9, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #37 of 96
Not just you, I like 'em also
smily_headphones1.gif
The new kind that is. Apple switched sometime around the 4G iPod, and started packaging the new improved iBud.

May 10, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #38 of 96
I hate them.. for some reason anything louder then halfway causes the left speaker to start making this popping sound.. and that was brand new after I opened it.

As I type now I have my 5th Gen ipod turned up to the max to see how long these earphones will last.

May 10, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #39 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate them.. for some reason anything louder then halfway causes the left speaker to start making this popping sound.. and that was brand new after I opened it.

As I type now I have my 5th Gen ipod turned up to the max to see how long these earphones will last.

Up max with the buds out your ears...I hope!
basshead.gif

May 10, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #42 of 96
enough with the trying to defend ipod earbuds already. There's a big difference between saying something is not horrible and saying something is actually good, and I think some people are mixing these two things up. Just because you think they are not as bad as they are supposed to be doesn't make it good basically. OTOH if you believe they actually are good then you should quit head-fi and only listen to your apple earbuds, you can save A LOT of money and we don't have to talk about the earbuds it's a win win IMO. I'm not angry at this particular thread, I just feel like if you are going to use the argument that the earbuds sound pretty good, you could say anything is good. In that case Bose makes awesome high end audio, the Geo Metro is an awesome car, Gigli is a good movie, the Memphis Grizzlies are a good basketball team, etc.

May 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #43 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enough with the trying to defend ipod earbuds already. There's a big difference between saying something is not horrible and saying something is actually good (...)

Last I checked "good" was a relative term. I don't see anyone saying "**** throw your 701s away and get iBuds, they r0x0r jor s0x0r!" and if anyone would make that claim I don't think he or she would be taken seriously. Further, noone is actually losing money (they're stock buds, and as such they're ok, though it seems Sony will ship their new player with a plastic version of the EX90LP - correct me if I'm wrong - which, I assume would trump the iBuds...). What's the harm, really?

May 10, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #44 of 96
I just killed mine by blasting the closing section of 1812 Overture through them a few times. Then I ripped it apart with my Leatherman. I found out that the transparent plastic diaphragm spans the whole diameter of the earbuds. There's also an acoustic filter between the diaphragm and the outer grille.

May 10, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #45 of 96
i think the bass from ibud quite heavy compare to my 888s but it is very muddy. the mid and high are horrible...

anyway ibuds are very comfortable and look decent with white ipod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back