Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
Aug 17, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #76 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by vilg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from what I quickly spotted reading the post, it's mostly inexperienced headfiers liking the ibutt, errr, bud.
Nothing a trip to the ear doctor and some listening to real gear won't fix though.
rs1smile.gif

My god that's a snobbish attitude
blink.gif

Please keep in mind everyone that there are several versions of the iBud. I still maintain, even after getting my PK3s that iBuds are very good all things considered.

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #78 of 96
Ok, maybe ibuds are the best of the crappy earbuds. I know i never wanted to listen to those again once I had my px100's or especially sr80's. How can you go backwards.

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #79 of 96
I can't believe people are even contributing to this topic considering the Web site we're all on. This is like arguing for the sake of arguing. iBuds aren't even SUPPOSED to be very good. That's why they're bundled with the iPod.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #80 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main beef with them is they blow within a month if you listen at even a slightly loud level, which I do most of the time. Ive gone through about 10 pairs now, but will never go through another, since they belong under the tire of my car
biggrin.gif

Before I joined Head-Fi, I had a iPod (Zune now, iPod broke) and used the stock buds for at least 3 months without any problems what so ever.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #81 of 96
I listen to my ibuds on the go sometimes. They're the ones bundled with 5th gen ipods (but my ipod is 2nd gen). Not bad for a quick listen to pop in and out, but not great. I personally don't have much experience with other earbuds (minus a few cheapies, that I feel the iBuds outbeat them all), so its really quite hard for me to compare, but definitely not bad. I really don't understand however, how they retail these things for 40 bucks a pair when bought separately.

They look pretty nice, I think most of us can agree on that.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #82 of 96
I was critically discourage everyone to use their ipod earbuds,
but until I was trying it myself (i just bought ipod nano), they're actually alright, fairly decent, on par with my Sennheiser MX500.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #83 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by walt93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to my ibuds on the go sometimes. They're the ones bundled with 5th gen ipods (but my ipod is 2nd gen). Not bad for a quick listen to pop in and out, but not great. I personally don't have much experience with other earbuds (minus a few cheapies, that I feel the iBuds outbeat them all), so its really quite hard for me to compare, but definitely not bad. I really don't understand however, how they retail these things for 40 bucks a pair when bought separately.

For 40 bucks I would get a pair of yuin pk3's or something like that.I am tempted to get myself some but I use my sr80's at work most of the time.

Aug 17, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #84 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For 40 bucks I would get a pair of yuin pk3's or something like that.I am tempted to get myself some but I use my sr80's at work most of the time.

theres no real reason to buy a pair at current prices (other than perhaps aesthetics), however if you get an ipod, or someone gives you a pair, they're not bad for a listen for a kind of beat around pair of headphones/earphones.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #85 of 96
If you had them already they are ok. But if I had another choice I would be using it unless it was a real cheap earbud.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #87 of 96
Ya, I threw my ipod earbuds out right after I got my px100's.

Aug 18, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #88 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by walt93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. (Though in the US, the iBuds cost 30 bucks -- still too high for their sound quality. I'd put them roughly on a par with the conventional Sennheiser earbuds which cost half as much.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back