Is it just me or apple buds sound really good?
May 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #48 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enough with the trying to defend ipod earbuds already. There's a big difference between saying something is not horrible and saying something is actually good, and I think some people are mixing these two things up. Just because you think they are not as bad as they are supposed to be doesn't make it good basically. OTOH if you believe they actually are good then you should quit head-fi and only listen to your apple earbuds, you can save A LOT of money and we don't have to talk about the earbuds it's a win win IMO. I'm not angry at this particular thread, I just feel like if you are going to use the argument that the earbuds sound pretty good, you could say anything is good. In that case Bose makes awesome high end audio, the Geo Metro is an awesome car, Gigli is a good movie, the Memphis Grizzlies are a good basketball team, etc.

except that comparing them with anything else in the bud category, they are not bad at all, in fact quite good, probably in the top 10% or 5% percentile. i thought the grizzlies played for vancouver, but then i don't watch much hockey

May 10, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #49 of 96
Nothing to contribute about iBuds, but..
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought the grizzlies played for vancouver, but then i don't watch much hockey

Guess you don't watch much basketball either. The Grizzlies are a basketball team in the NBA, and moved to Memphis a few years ago.

May 10, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #50 of 96
hmmm, i just don't watch sports i guess. tour d france comes on, that is different as well as playing. but then, i can't stand playing basket ball here as everyone is like 'thugh'. football is of course different! got heaps of nice pitches around here.

right, ibuds, great for sports? hahha

May 10, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #51 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by blipmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I checked "good" was a relative term. I don't see anyone saying "**** throw your 701s away and get iBuds, they r0x0r jor s0x0r!" and if anyone would make that claim I don't think he or she would be taken seriously. Further, noone is actually losing money (they're stock buds, and as such they're ok, though it seems Sony will ship their new player with a plastic version of the EX90LP - correct me if I'm wrong - which, I assume would trump the iBuds...). What's the harm, really?

There's no harm, im not saying shut down this thread, im just wondering whats the point, because I feel like if you call the ipod earbuds "good" what would be considered "bad"? I can't think of anything worse in terms of sound and comfort. Even koss the plug can give it a run for the money. And for whoever said its in the top 5% to 10% of earbuds, have you actually compared it to other earbuds? most sony earbuds, sennheiser earbuds, etc. all beat the ipod ones and many of them do come bundled with players. Im not sure about the brand that my x5l earbuds but they sounded better than the ipod ones too. I'll stop bothering you guys though I just felt like I had to post it because I didn't say anything about it in previous threads, and I'll agree to the only two good points(IMO) about the ibuds you mentioned- they are free, and they produce sound(they work).

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #52 of 96
i think the ibuds are ok for stock buds,ive only ever used them a few times and now i use my se530 intead for obvious reasons,i think the issue is build and driver quality,every pair of ibuds ive had has lasted a few days of harsh powerful use then distortion because the driver is damaged,as far as sound goes the bass is ok but obviously apple has neva had time to tune or look into earphones because there is no definition to any frequency of sound,its all there,but its all crap to be fair,but who can slate freebies,id neva pay money for them but as freebies i enjoy kickin the life out of them an counting the days they last,just to make it clear i actually went to the apple store and they replaced them everytime free,all this was b4 discovering the ue 5 pros and se530's

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #53 of 96
Its just you
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #54 of 96
People are too critical when it comes to the iBuds here (and pretty much everything else that sound "oh-so-horrific"
rolleyes.gif
). They're quite good for being stock buds and I use them all the time even to this day. I have no problem listening to them and a lot of times I feel that they are extremely convenient when I just want to listen to music.

This whole iBud criticism just reminds me of how everyone who comes here feels like they have to bash Bose. Give me a break.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #56 of 96
The 3 weeks that it took to get my E2Cs replaced and I had to use my ibuds were the worst 3 weeks of my life. No bass, no isolation, scratchy sound and very fatiguing.

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #57 of 96
I can without any exaggeration say that I would rather not listen to music than listen with the ibuds. I think they are absolutely dreadful in every single way. It's hard for me to believe that people use the word "good" in relation to these fart cannons, but from what I quickly spotted reading the post, it's mostly inexperienced headfiers liking the ibutt, errr, bud.
Nothing a trip to the ear doctor and some listening to real gear won't fix though.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #59 of 96
I once did a scientific experiment to establish whether iBuds (I used the canal-version for the test) were actually used by the masses for their musical qualities or because they are a fashion statement... here's the result (with a comparison to another headphone as well)
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back