Is it a bad idea to use an IEM while working out?
Jun 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:
The thing is though that sweat would get in between the contacts and probably produce an oxide (if not just salt) layer between the cable and the iem, which would cause some major signal degradation, much more than the diff. between a copper and silver cable.  

I guess I am thinking of the sweat/oxidization almost acting as a sealent...assuming the plastic areas connection is very snug (perhaps not waterproof but sweatproof).  I tend to think this issue is overrated.  If the connection is tight and remains un-disturbed, nothing should interfere wih it.

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #33 of 40
so i guess using ciems to workout is a bad thing 
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #35 of 40
Very very bad idea if you do jogging on the road..., even if automobile-forbidden trails. I now use portable open cans or open earbuds.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #36 of 40
Specifially for working out and jogging I use a pair of Logitech behind the neck bluetooth headphones. They don't sound anywhere near as good as my other headphones. However I find running on a treadmill or lifting weights is extremely dangerous with a cable flopping around. Aside from behind wireless, the open air design gives me more situational awareness if I'm running on roads, and prevents annoyances like hearing myself breathe or other bone conduction issues.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #37 of 40
true but i eliminate all that wire problems. i got an arm band where you can coil the cable up and then it goes under my shirt to my ears. only way it would get yanked out if someone literally came up to me and pulled on them. and im constantly looking at the mirror at the gym to check my self out haha jk but people tend to go around me most of the time. yeah i rarely run outside or go on trails so thats not much of a problem.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #38 of 40
I mainly use my triple.fis these days for weightlifting.  For running I would only use something even cheaper, like my ex300s.  No way would I use my high end sets for either.

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #39 of 40
I use my TF10 customs for working out, no way would I use the JH-16s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back