Irene completely flooded my apartment!
Aug 29, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

El_Doug

Headphoneus Supremus
The police evacuated our apartment complex on Saturday night.  Being that the nearby Raritan River hit its crest this morning at 9am, I gave my apartment management company a phone call today to find out how we were doing, and if I could move back in.  Apparently, I cannot - water has risen to the ceiling of our basement apartment, and has even made it impossible for upper floor residents to leave the building. 

The authorities won't let anyone but emergency vehicles approach our complex today, while they pump it out.  I'll try to shoot some photos tomorrow, assuming my wife will let me without breaking down into tears. 

Stupid record high river levels...

In the meantime:  if anyone would like to buy an SR-009 that I have on preorder, or take over my BHSE deposit, that would be super - I need every cent I can get! 

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 29
Wow Doug... i cant believe something like this happening to an audio enthusiasts as our selves and the possibility of your gear being ruined. What floor were you on? I look forward to the pictures...

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 29
Sorry to hear this, Doug .

Dang

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #9 of 29
Oh man, that totally sucks dude. A coworker of mine today also said he lost everything, he lives in a 1st floor apartment near some river (I forget which) in PA. We had some issues with our basement nearly flooding (we bailed out our sump for what seemed like hours until a neighbor got a generator online for us to pump out our basements). If you need anything, let me know.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 29
Oh hell, I'm sorry, Doug. I hope some things can be salvaged and I hope you can find a temporary place to hole up - they're probably going to have to tear the walls out.

I can't take over the gear you ordered, but I do have some unused gear and DIY parts around here. If you need something to piece together a new sound system, I'll send it to you.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #11 of 29
Very sorry Doug to hear everything in your apartment was lost. I can't imagine how devastating this is for your family. What were you able to pack up and save before you evacuated?

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 29
You have my condolences, did you manage to get anything out?

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #14 of 29
My condolences go out to you. It is hard to believe this tragedy has occurred but at least your alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back