Irene completely flooded my apartment!
Aug 30, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 29
Very sorry to read this, condolences

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 29
Pics or it didn't happen
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #20 of 29
This is terrible to hear. I have been seeing pictures of the Raritan and I have family in the area so I know what it does when the rains come. I hope everything works out for you man! These rivers in NJ really have gotten out of control the past few years with all the flooding.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #27 of 29
That's terrible news, Doug.  Hope your insurance company offers a better flood insurance rider than mine had a few years ago.  During a tropical storm my outside slump pump had failed causing a complete flooding of my basement causing more than $14K worth of damage.  State Farm refused payment, stating that their rider only covered water damage caused by sump pump failure if it was struck by lighting...it's an underground pump.

Best of luck with the speedy recovery.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #29 of 29
Terrible news :frowning2:  I hope you don't need to wrangle too much with your home insurance.

HeadAmp's website says that the BHSE deposit is refundable.  If you ask Justin I'm sure he'd be sympathetic to your situation, particularly given that the BHSEs will eventually sell one way or another.

That's a hobbyist's nightmare, having everything you've worked on and collected become damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back