iPod Touch 7th Generation (2019)
May 10, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #111 of 118
https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/apple-dicontinues-ipod-1235263151/

"On Tuesday, the company announced that it was discontinuing the iPod touch, the version of the music player that features the iPhone’s multitouch interface, which first bowed in 2007. The last of the iPod touch models are available to purchase through apple.com, Apple Store locations, and Apple authorized resellers 'while supplies last,' the company said."

May 13, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #112 of 118
If storage isn’t an issue, is this a decent buy? Or still no?

Just for listening to offline music, and a touchscreen for searching for songs more easily than a click wheel. Also, I already have iTunes set up and am familiar with it for better or worse.

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #115 of 118
Picked up an iPod Touch for nostalgic reasons and as somewhat of a memento to the iPod seeing as it’s now discontinued. I had a 6th Gen a couple of years ago but the battery had completely gone on that unit so I got rid of it.

iPod Touch’s are such great devices. Sad to see them discontinued, but I understand why they did it. I’ll try and squeeze as many years as I can out of this unit!
34B13A32-596C-4EE3-BC15-E278FEF7817C.jpeg

May 25, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #116 of 118
If storage isn’t an issue, is this a decent buy? Or still no?

Just for listening to offline music, and a touchscreen for searching for songs more easily than a click wheel. Also, I already have iTunes set up and am familiar with it for better or worse.

I've owned several touches and currently have a 128gb 2016 SE that's used solely for locally-stored music. I keep it in airplane mode and on low-power mode. I think it's worth it. Better battery than touches; lasts a long time between charges. Of course, I hate new iOS versions. they sort of junked up the music playing UI. But I still love the device's performance compared to other daps I've owned. With Apple, you know you get a finished product and don't have to give feedback on what needs fixing.

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #117 of 118
Somebody compared IPOD Touch sound quality vs IPHONE 6S/6 ? Do they sound similar ?

Feb 23, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #118 of 118
Hi, I was directed to this thread regarding an inquiry I have regarding my broken, modded apple ipod (7th generation). It had some some issues where it was skipping song,s had a line going through the screen, and now no longer turns on at all anymore. I've had issues with it before and I've had a couple of people from this site help me before but they don't reply to my emails anymore. Can anyone fix it for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back