iPod Touch 7th Generation (2019)
Mar 20, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #91 of 118
How's the SQ of gen7 ipod touch straight out of 3.5mm compares to newish iphone (x~) with apple dongle? I am trying to find an easy portable source solution to use with some of my iems(Softears RSV, UM Mest, FH7). I was considering LG but it seems like for android you need to have bit-perfect output to overcome the otherwise disadvantages. I am too lazy for all that. Have btr 5 already but really just looking for a one body source solution.

May 25, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #92 of 118
Is there any way to get flac files on the device without ever having to use iTunes?

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #94 of 118
Does anyone know if ipod touch 7g supports apple music lossless? I am not getting that option.

I don't think that service still launched, Yesterday's event they announced it will launch later this year.
Also may not become real but there is a new iPod render surface at Twitter before the WWDC event

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #96 of 118
I don't think that service still launched, Yesterday's event they announced it will launch later this year.
Also may not become real but there is a new iPod render surface at Twitter before the WWDC event

Lossless service is already launched and many are already experiencing it (experiences are in head-fi forum). But not sure if ipod touch 7g supports it

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #97 of 118
What about the output power? Better than the apple dongel?

Jan 10, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #99 of 118
I want to ignore streaming for a moment. How is the offline music experience on the latest version of iOS? By experience, I'm asking about not just listening to the music, but also transferring, syncing, searching from within the stock or 3rd party app, etc. Has there been much slowdown observed on the latest iOS?

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #100 of 118
Self discharging battery:
For over a year now, I noticed that the battery discharges itself in a few days. This while the device is switched off. Also all apps are turned off. Even WLAN and Bluetooth is off. iPod 7. Gen. (2019) iOS 14.8.1 (in earlier versions the same)
Has anyone else observed this behavior? Thanks

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #101 of 118
Ipod Touch 7 is ridiculously overpriced for what it is, especially with larger storage. It's a better idea to get a used iphone 6s/7, has the same HW, larger screen, 2x the battery, not much heavier than an ipod. Larger battery is important.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #102 of 118
Ipod Touch 7 is ridiculously overpriced for what it is, especially with larger storage. It's a better idea to get a used iphone 6s/7, has the same HW, larger screen, 2x the battery, not much heavier than an ipod. Larger battery is important.
Well thanks, but the question was about self-discharge of battery not about the capacity. Capacity is sufficient for my usage.

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #104 of 118
Apple should produce a real iPOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back