iPod Nano 7G opinions
Mar 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #46 of 54
The 7th Gen. Nano sounds fine and measures well. Try reading this thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/635800/impression-apple-nano-7g-lightning-to-30pin-adapter

It sounds just like any other iPod, and pretty much just like any other mp3 player period.

It's the one player I've used more than any the past 6 months. I only have the Touch for capacity and a few ebooks.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #47 of 54
The 7th Gen. Nano sounds fine and measures well. Try reading this thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/635800/impression-apple-nano-7g-lightning-to-30pin-adapter

It sounds just like any other iPod, and pretty much just like any other mp3 player period.

It's the one player I've used more than any the past 6 months. I only have the Touch for capacity and a few ebooks.

I just wish that the more I read about them, the better they sound to me. But it doesn't get better even if I have memorized the article. People hear things differently. My idea of a good sounding source may also be atrocious to you. Like you, I also have an iPod touch 5G and to me, they sound better than the Nano 7th, But it still doesn't sound as good and as clean as my 1st Gen iPod Shuffle, and my Rocoo P. I have the Nano 6th Gen and to me, they sound a lot better than the Nano 7th too.

This article is the reason why I bought the Nano 7th in the 1st place. but after listening to it, i have found that his opinion is different from mine. That doesn't make me right and sure doesn't make him wrong. We hear different, that's all it is. :) So far, this is the only thing from him that didn't match with my taste.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #48 of 54
To me there was no audible difference between the Nano 6G and the Nano 7G, nor between either of them and the iPod Touch 4G or 5G.

I only have the Touch for capacity; when Apple releases a newer 128Gb version I'll buy that too...and expect it to sound the same...hoping it's later this year sometime.

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #49 of 54
I hear different :) But that's just Me.

I like the iPod Touch 5th. Its form factor, screen size is just perfect for me. It's small enough to be called an MP3 player, but big enough so you can browse and check email. :). The 128GB version, when it comes out, maybe a little too steep for me.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #50 of 54

The obvious alternative to a Nano is a Sansa Clip+. Excellent sound quality, micro sd slot for up to a 64GB card, full interface instead of shuffle play, extremely cheap, plays lots of formats. There's no point paying extra for the 8GB player instead of the 4GB - the card slot makes the tiny memory difference irrelevant.

Downside: screen is on the small side if you have eyesight problems.

I should also mention that the input jack can fail miserably. I've gone through several, and am now doing research to replace my clip zip for the same reason. 

I'm done with Sansa. They continued to produce a product with a faulty headphone jack despite the consistent complaints from customers about this problem. 

Sansa has lost my business permanently.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #51 of 54
Just picked one of these up for $66 off retail.

So far I'm pretty bloody impressed. Nice flat EQ and goes rather loud. Tried it with the buds that came with my S3 and it sounds very decent. Pretty impressive really given the size and weight of this thing and the fact I used elcheapoin ears albeit with DUNU foam tips.

Got it for outdoor activities as I find a smart phone too heavy and this thing weighs next to nothing.

Thinking of going wireless with the Jabro Rox.

Any comments re Bluetooth audio quality and the above mentioned Jabro's??

Cheers.

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #52 of 54
I may have to check out this Sansa Clip+. We've been waiting three years for an update to the Nano and what do we get...? Improved internals? Extra storage capacity?!? Nope. New colors.

Really Apple? New colors?!? I'm supposed to carry two different colors to get 32 Gb storage?

Add me to the list of people that really just wanted a storage bump on the 6th gen nano. I'm with oldmate on this one - I want something less bulky than my phone when I'm out doing yard work, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back