Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Oct 31, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,772 of 3,645
Paul, its really nice of you for uploading your theme directly on rockbox.org. More enthusiasts like us can have easy access that way. I have fine-tuned my theme which I'm using myself over the days. "kitchen sink"! You made me laugh really 
o2smile.gif
. Cheers.

Yeah thanks 'putente' I will be sticking to my present setup for that matter.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,773 of 3,645
No hiss here with sensitive 1964-Ds.
Rockbox running great and set up with the RetroTape theme.
Loving it so far.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #1,774 of 3,645
Got it installed, transferred a few songs and it works very good, I love it. Only one major problem, the transfer speed is horrible. It starts off at 2 Mb/s and slooowly dropping and stays at between 700-800 kB/s. Over 22 000 songs, you do the math.

I also get the "This device can perform faster..." dialog box. Tried different USB-ports, cables and computers. I fear it's a HDD problem...

What's wrong?

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #1,775 of 3,645
Quote:
Paul, its really nice of you for uploading your theme directly on rockbox.org. More enthusiasts like us can have easy access that way. I have fine-tuned my theme which I'm using myself over the days. "kitchen sink"! You made me laugh really 
o2smile.gif
. Cheers.

I would love your latest version. (Hint 
biggrin.gif
)

Guys, I am afraid that 121026 is not going into Charging Mode for me. It just trickle charges. On 120802, charging is implemented perfectly; it goes into Charging Mode and then exits at 100%. I am going back to it.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #1,776 of 3,645
hi there,

apologies in advance for the noob post - have done a search but can't find anything that matches my problem.

have just installed rockbox on my ipod classic 160gb and all is well apart from the fact that i get horrible distortion from the right channel.

i have tried playing around with the eq settings and crossfade settings and also different headphones but the problem persists.

the distortion seems to start when the bass kicks in (or perhaps it's after a set amount of time) and i can sometimes avoid the distortion by starting the song at very low volume and waiting for a while and then increasing the volume.

i had no problems obviously with the stock firmware.

any ideas ?

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #1,777 of 3,645
Quote:
Got it installed, transferred a few songs and it works very good, I love it. Only one major problem, the transfer speed is horrible. It starts off at 2 Mb/s and slooowly dropping and stays at between 700-800 kB/s. Over 22 000 songs, you do the math.

I also get the "This device can perform faster..." dialog box. Tried different USB-ports, cables and computers. I fear it's a HDD problem...

What's wrong?

Are plugging your iPod directly to a USB computer port, or to a USB hub? Did you try it in different ports and/or other computers?

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #1,778 of 3,645
Quote:
hi there,

apologies in advance for the noob post - have done a search but can't find anything that matches my problem.

have just installed rockbox on my ipod classic 160gb and all is well apart from the fact that i get horrible distortion from the right channel.

i have tried playing around with the eq settings and crossfade settings and also different headphones but the problem persists.

the distortion seems to start when the bass kicks in (or perhaps it's after a set amount of time) and i can sometimes avoid the distortion by starting the song at very low volume and waiting for a while and then increasing the volume.

i had no problems obviously with the stock firmware.

any ideas ?

That's very strange, and it's something I've never seen before. The problem you describe seems hardware induced, but since it started just after you installed RB, it's just very strange. Can you try going back to the original FW and see if it goes back to normal again?

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,779 of 3,645
Quote:

That's very strange, and it's something I've never seen before. The problem you describe seems hardware induced, but since it started just after you installed RB, it's just very strange. Can you try going back to the original FW and see if it goes back to normal again?

hi there,

i knew someone was going to suggest that !

i've just reflashed the original firmware and the sound is back to normal - no problems.

any thoughts ?

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #1,781 of 3,645
hi there,

i've just reflashed the original firmware and the sound is back to normal - no problems.

any thoughts ?

Does the problem exist at all volumes?

Nov 1, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #1,782 of 3,645
Quote:
Yes, directly to the motherboard. Tried all 10 ports and two other computers, same problem.
Using EmCORE r867 and aroldan's 121026.

I'm using emCORE r859 without any problems with that same RB build. I use that build, as it's the latest stable release for emCORE. Check the FAQ on the first post to see if there's any answer to your problem there... 

Nov 1, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #1,783 of 3,645
Quote:
hi there,

any thoughts ?

That's just way too awkward! I've never read anything before about RB causing sound problems in a Classic. I wish I could help you, but I'm out of thoughts for that problem... 
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,784 of 3,645
Quote:

I'm using emCORE r859 without any problems with that same RB build. I use that build, as it's the latest stable release for emCORE. Check the FAQ on the first post to see if there's any answer to your problem there... 

Did a clean install of r859 but that did nothing... still the same slow speeds.
What's the average speed when it actually works?

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #1,785 of 3,645
Does anyone here know how to modify themes? I really love this new theme called Epilogue (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1691&target=ipodvideo), but I wished it showed more information on the WPS Screen. Is there anyway someone on here could modify it so the bitrate and track number are shown under the album and year (a picture of the WPS screen is shown below)? Or is this something I could do? Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back