Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #1,396 of 3,645
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_

BTW, this link (and other usefull ones) should be in the first post... 
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #1,397 of 3,645
Quote:

But after you switch it on again, and it has those 10-20% of battery, after a bit of using it doesn't the battery show more charge again? I'm looking for aroldan's Dropbox folder link that contains all his RB builds...

No, it only shows around 10-15% of battery remaining and then the ipod switches off after playing a few songs. Here is the link to aroldan's dropbox folder but all the files in there are meant for 6g, i suppose? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #1,400 of 3,645
Quote:
Yes, it turns off and the next day it has only a little charge left. Although the night before i've only listened to maybe 3 or 4 albums.

Are you sure it's really turning off, or it's just the screen that goes black? Also, do you know how's the battery level after those 3 or 4 albums?

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #1,401 of 3,645
Quote:

Are you sure it's really turning off, or it's just the screen that goes black? Also, do you know how's the battery level after those 3 or 4 albums?

Yes i'm sure it turns off because when i press a button later it shows the rockbox boot menu. After playing those albums the battery level is nearly 70-80%. Maybe i'm not using the latest 7g build?
confused_face.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #1,404 of 3,645
Quote:
From some post i stumbled upon on the rockbox forums. It's working fine otherwise as i installed a 6g build earlier and had major problems with it.

If I where you, I'd revert your iPod to it's original state/FW (using iTunes), then I'd make a fresh emCORE install with aroldan's lastest RB build! It seems clear you're having major FW/HW issues there... Start from there and see what happens! 
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #1,405 of 3,645
I have whatever the latest build is from rockbox. I'm having only 2 issues.

1) I have klipsch image S4i headphones and the remote control doesnt work at all. the remote doesnt work on my galaxy S3 either, but thats to be expected as it is a proprietary ipod remote. I would expect at least play/pause to work though.

2) I cant seem to make it be functional (play music) while charging via USB port. Every time I connect it to my computer it goes into USB disk mode.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #1,407 of 3,645
OK so I'm just chiming in to all of this..where's the absolute latest build of rockbox I can get for a 6th or 7th gen ipod? (I don't know which I'll end up getting yet)

Also, will digital peripherals such as Fostex HP-P1, AlgoRhythm Solo, Pure i20 dock etc. work with Rockbox? I want to know that before I do this, because I'm likely to get an HP-P1 later down the road, although I guess I could convert to ALAC and use alternate software to manage (like WinAmp or MediaMonkey) but I'd rather not...

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #1,408 of 3,645
Quote:
OK so I'm just chiming in to all of this..where's the absolute latest build of rockbox I can get for a 6th or 7th gen ipod? (I don't know which I'll end up getting yet)

Also, will digital peripherals such as Fostex HP-P1, AlgoRhythm Solo, Pure i20 dock etc. work with Rockbox? I want to know that before I do this, because I'm likely to get an HP-P1 later down the road, although I guess I could convert to ALAC and use alternate software to manage (like WinAmp or MediaMonkey) but I'd rather not...

For aroldan's RB builds for the 7th gen Classic, see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_

As for your second question, the answer is no. After you change the original Apple FW to Rockbox, those kind of devices won't work. But you can just use a good LOD cable connecting the RB iPod to a nice portable amp like most of us are doing, and believe me that you'll have a great portable sounding rig... 
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #1,409 of 3,645
Hi there! i've been using my rockboxed ipod classic with Aroldan's build for two weeks now! I'm quite happy with it! there were only few instances when my PC wouldnt recognize my ipod and just a couple of freezes here and there, but overall it's quite stable on me. Battery life seems to be reasonable as well. Im grateful to everyone who made rockbox and to those improving it and making it better.

i have 2 questions. 1) where can i get other themes for classic? i tried to use Cooperpwc's theme that he put up on this forum not long ago, but it doesnt work for some reason. (probably im doing smth wrong. do i just need to extract files in the theme folder?)

2) maybe little bit off topic, but i was wondering why volume is marked from -60 db min to 12 db max. (with comfortable volume level for me being around -25db). i really dont know much about this, but i usually i hear people saying  "passing truck is around 100db, normal speech level 60db " etc. so, how is the range on the rockbox works?  i just want to ensure im listening to music at safe db levels. thanks

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,410 of 3,645
Quote:

For aroldan's RB builds for the 7th gen Classic, see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_

As for your second question, the answer is no. After you change the original Apple FW to Rockbox, those kind of devices won't work. But you can just use a good LOD cable connecting the RB iPod to a nice portable amp like most of us are doing, and believe me that you'll have a great portable sounding rig... 
wink.gif

Thanks!! But darn...you think it will still sound good? I guess I do get good imaging out of even my phone and Klipsch Image S4s...maybe the iPod default DAC will be even better :) And it's not like I need the best of the best for portable anyway. There's always the option of going back to regular firmware, is that possible? I thought that it installed Rockbox on a new partition or something and you could dual boot, also how much space would that take up if I did the dual boot thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back