Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jun 27, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #946 of 3,645
Quote:
My only gripe is that it does not power up my FM transmitter that I use for my car.

That's my only grumble really. Is this likely to be 'fixed' at any point or is it not possible / not being worked on?

zeitfliesst, a a temporary alternative, I bought a cheap FM Transmitter on eBay that plugs into the 9v socket in my car and has a 3.5mm cable that connects to the iPod headphone socket. Maybe that would help you?

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #947 of 3,645
Currently, I'm using an ipod touch that was collecting dust to power it up and have connected my galaxy player or ipod classic to the transmitter via 3.5mm interconnect. I wonder if there's a cable of some sort that connects the transmitter's dock to the car socket?
Quote:

That's my only grumble really. Is this likely to be 'fixed' at any point or is it not possible / not being worked on?

zeitfliesst, a a temporary alternative, I bought a cheap FM Transmitter on eBay that plugs into the 9v socket in my car and has a 3.5mm cable that connects to the iPod headphone socket. Maybe that would help you?

Jun 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #948 of 3,645
I'm embarassed to admit that I've been enjoying Rockbox until I realized by browsing through the thread that the channels were reversed in the original firmware! It was indeed and I've applied the fix now and everything's good as ever. 

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #949 of 3,645
Quote:
I make my playlists in Winamp as well. Works well.

Change this setting to a bigger number...

Settings > General Settings > System > Limits > Max Playlist Size (Max allowed - 30000)

Also increased the "Max Entries in File Browser" (in the same menu tree) to the highest number - 10000.

Of course, you shouldn't set these limits too far above the actual size of your playlists.

While there is often a tiny bit of lag, there's VERY little now, compared to earlier versions where it might take many minutes to load or just lock up.

I've been successfully playing my "everything" playlist on a daily basis, and it seems to be playing the thirty-thousand songs it can handle (up to the "limit") in a pleasant random fashion, with absolutely no lag after it the second song or so. And no crashes or stuttering.

I believe the only failure occurred when I tried to change some levels in the 10 band EQ too quickly. If you roll 'em up and down slowly, it seems to do fine.

Alright!  It worked, thanks!

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #950 of 3,645
Hi again.

I've been using Rockbox for a week +/- and the battery is during less then with the original system. It drains really fast (3/4h). What should I do? Re-install the original system or another rockbox version?

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #951 of 3,645
Hi again.

I've been using Rockbox for a week +/- and the battery is during less then with the original system. It drains really fast (3/4h). What should I do? Re-install the original system or another rockbox version?

You could try Aroldan's latest build:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/dmj3Wk0B2_/rockbox-ipod6g-a15d2e6M-120618.zip

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #952 of 3,645
Just wanted to give a huge thanks to aroldan for his great work. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #953 of 3,645
Latest build is excellent, no longer hangs on big playlists

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #954 of 3,645
I'm impressed. The latest build, rockbox-ipod6g-0e9dc3bM-120628, seems truly to have eliminated the cursor freezing issue on my file menus. Cursor scrolling seems faster and smoother too. That's very initial impressions but it looks good.

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #956 of 3,645
Quote:
I'm going to try and put rockbox on today in a couple of hours. Quick question though. I've installed rockbox before and I know how to do that, but how do I install all the latest builds? Thanks in advance.

Dukedudez, the latest builds from aroldan are found here. Look for the file with the most recent time of upload. (You can also see the dates of creation in the file names.) The download is simply a zip folder with a "Rockbox" folder inside. That is what you install.

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #957 of 3,645
Anyone compared a rockbox Ipod Classic 5th Gen with a rockbox Clip+?

I'm looking for a larger capacity mp3 player and my friend is willing to sell me his 80GB Ipod Classic 5th Gen. If the SQ is the same or lose out to Clip+, there's no point of me buying it.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #959 of 3,645
Okay, so...
I bought an iPod Classic 7G 160GB two days ago, installed emCore without a flaw, and was using the included Rockbox release when shenanigans began. Firstly, the iPod crashed every twenty minutes. Secondly, several albums were skipping through every track, cycling through without playing a single one. Switching from the Rockbox build included with emCore r859, r31516, to version 644b83e-120701 has solved the crashing problem entirely. However, the skipping albums are still a huge nuisance.

All of my music is in AAC, at the same bitrate, put in that condition by the same program, Sound Converter. When I brought the iPod home I was in the process of tagging and uniformly converting several dozen albums. Of the hundreds of albums I have, the only ones that skip, exclusively and without exception, are the ones put into AAC since the day I got the iPod.
If I convert the albums to MP3, they play as they should, but I don't want the quality loss of converting one lossy format to another.

Does anybody know about a bug or a catch with AAC?
Thanks in advance.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #960 of 3,645
Quick question. If I want to change from my current build, r862, and I want to go up or down a build, how do I do that? Will it erase my music?

I'm also starting to have some problems now. My computer won't recognize my iPod anymore so I can't add files or anything. I've rebooted it and connected it several times and it won't show up at all. Also, how do I access the emcore boot menu when I set up my iPod to start up and go straight to rockbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back