Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #980 of 3,645
Can someone tell me how is battery life with these latest releases? 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #982 of 3,645
Quote:
Can someone tell me how is battery life with these latest releases? 
rolleyes.gif

I think that I am getting about 20 hours. My Classic is about 1.5 years old and has seen a lot of use.

I am happy with it; battery life is not a reason  to stick with the OF in my view.

Quote:
thanks you guys ......but as you may have guessed im not too bright with these things......old fossil im afraid....so need some help crossing the road....:)

No problem. Good luck with the emcore install. Then go straight here to get the latest Rockbox versions - much better than what you will find on the Freemyipod site. (Right now, rockbox-ipod6g-5544220M-120709.zip is the most current.)

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #984 of 3,645
Regarding playlists, I can only comment on the Active Playlist, i.e. adding and changing songs on the fly, which works perfectly. The line out certainly works - that is all that I use with my Stepdance amplifier.

(I don't use FLAC - rather Lame V0 MP3s - but lots of people on here do.)

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #985 of 3,645
Quote:
Regarding playlists, I can only comment on the Active Playlist, i.e. adding and changing songs on the fly, which works perfectly. The line out certainly works - that is all that I use with my Stepdance amplifier.

(I don't use FLAC - rather Lame V0 MP3s - but lots of people on here do.)

And this "mod" is fully reversible to the original state, right? 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #988 of 3,645
Quote:

You sure roll your eyes a lot. It can't be good for your vision.  
wink.gif

Yes. iTunes will restore your corrupted iPod to its virginal state.

biggrin.gif

True, but I'm having a hard time deciding my next DAP purchase. I need something with large capacity, and this iPod might just be it! Thanks for all your help... 
beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #989 of 3,645
Just realised was not the right zip so I deleted it then installed rockbox-ipod6g-5544220M-120709.zip, OK then i went into some menu and it has completely FROZEN on me.
Even can not turn off or anything, when i try to connect via usb to computer it does not recognise the dvice........UMMMM Have I Killed my ipod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back