Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
May 1, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #721 of 3,645
I have to say thank you so much aroldan. You really make my ipod sounds great! :wink: Gonna try it tonight! definitely! :wink: The older update can last 24 hours with quite amount of screen play which is already a great news for me!
beerchug.gif

May 1, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #722 of 3,645
Can anyone give me a guide to installing emcore and rockbox on my 7th gen ipod classic? The freemyipod website has been down for quite some time and i'v tried to figure it out but I can't

May 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #724 of 3,645
Here! press the green button to download. everything you need is here.

http://115.com/file/e7bbv59w

I am sure there is tutorials on how to rock box it. it's pretty simple. When you copy and paste the "rockbox" folder. Use the update from aroldan instead.

1. Delete itunes (you don't have to, but it's better)
2. Use ctrl+alt+delete to turn off "applemobileservice" and "ituneshelper" in the task manager
3. Connect ipod to laptop, then hold menu + select till the screen is completely off (around 15 seconds). Now you entered DFU mode (if the system ask the driver for it, use the one included in the file)
4. Run "bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes", then you will have a UMSboot 64mb usb drive in your "computer".
5. Copy "installer-ipodclassic-r859-20120102.ubi" into the USMboot drive. Then safely remove your ipod and wait until the rb to be installed.
6. Reconnect again you will see your ipod drive, and copy aroldan's "rockbox" folder into your ipod drive. Disconnect it and hold the play to restart.
DONE!

May 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #725 of 3,645
Quote:
New build. Includes:
  1. New sync with RB repository. It includes an updated version of the patch "Fundamentally rewrite much of the audio DSP"
  2. 10 band EQ (updated to fit this new revision).
  3. filesystem events: Add a new event to trigger on file access (updated to fit this new revision).
  4. Add identify() call to reset procedures
  5. Vcore from 1.050V to 1.000V @ 54MHz.
  6. Enabled battery estimate time. This was based on a reportedly estimate of ~24 hours 

So far, it is working great. I can even hear a little improvement on SQ. As a plus, the rather audible initial hiss is gone :)

aroldan, you are the man! 
beyersmile.png

It's running absolutely great since I installed it. Oh, and the battery life, since your last build, has been incredibly long!

May 2, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #732 of 3,645
Quote:
Does anyone know how to display non-embedded cover art in the now playing screen? I have a "cover.jpg" file in my album directory, which according to the documentation should work, but it doesn't get displayed, only when I embed the cover art in my AAC files does it show up.

If it's a theme which shows the cover art then "folder.jpg" always works for me :)

May 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #733 of 3,645
The new updates works great! :) Thanks again! It's getting better and better everytime. The only thing bothers me is the gap time I have to wait when I "select" or "go back". I guess that's not easy to solve
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #735 of 3,645
Hey guys, I tried the classic in a Apple store with my ER4P and I noticed in very high treble to a point of discomfort and sometimes pain. I know I have treble happy phones but that doesn't happen with my SGS, both with EQ off. 

So my question is, does the classic have some kind of treble boost by default? Does it change with rockbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back