Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Apr 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #691 of 3,645

Quote:
I've been playing music since I upgraded the RB and the battery is great. It's been 8 hours of constant playing a playlist with about 60% of music in 24/48KHz and the battery is at 70%. Will report how long it lasts.

I also did a batterybench with your latest build (120423) on a fat 160GB Classic. The battery (original 850 mAh) isn't new at all but it did very well.
Repeat FLAC album (530 MB), volume: -34 dB, total playing time: 34 hours and 17 minutes. Very good! Aroldan, thanks again :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #692 of 3,645
I don't want to spam this thread with an irrelevant query - and I think this is relevant as I've read through all (so far) 47 pages.
I wondered if someone could give me any advice regards iPod accessories for an iPod Classic 160gb (older, fat version) using Rockbox.

I've currently got the latest build from this head-fi thread with all the audio tweaks included etc (and very happy I am with it too!)

I've seen a few patches that might help me (FS#10623 and FS#10494 etc) but don't really get how to apply patches myself.
Is it possible to have some accessory support patches integrated into the next build or some pointers regards how I go about getting the accessories to work?

Basically, I've got a couple of cheap aftermarket generic FM Transmitters that use the ipod connector and with Rockbox, they just do nothing - no display, nothing. I also have an FM transmitter which works instead by connecting to the 3.5mm headphone socket and I guess the FM transmitter acts as if it were headphones. This does work, but although the FM transmitter has some play/pause/forward/back controls, they don't seem to do anything in the current Rockbox build.

Thanks all! 
gs1000.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #693 of 3,645
hey guys. sorry if i missed some post.

How did you manage to get the battery to last that long? any updated firmwire?

since my battery can't last long at all.

I was trying some new patches along with the latest revision. In this build the following patches have been applied:
  1. Vcore reduced from 1.050V to 1.000V @ 54MHz
  2. Add identify() call to reset procedures
  3. filesystem events: Add a new event to trigger on file access
  4. Fundamentally rewrite some aspects of the audio DSP
  5. EQ 10 bands

I am trying it right now and it seems fine but please, use it on your own. I'm not responsible for any damages :)
is it this one?

wow Aroldan is the man!

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #694 of 3,645
can anyone help. i have it on my 7th gen 160bg but it has no sound, it says "nothing to resume".

is there something that i missed?

> nevermind i left it alone for an hour and turned it back on and everything works.

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #695 of 3,645

Quote:
can anyone help. i have it on my 7th gen 160bg but it has no sound, it says "nothing to resume".

is there something that i missed?

> nevermind i left it alone for an hour and turned it back on and everything works.

This happens when you select in the settings that the iPod should resume playback on startup. If then at the boot there's nothing to play because you already finished the playlist before the last shutdown, it will say 'nothing to resume'. It's just a normal notification, no error.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #696 of 3,645

mine was different i think i had to turn off the ipod then turn it back on.

my first attempt everything was different to what it is now, the screen was black and there was no grey background. so none of the music was shown unless i scrolled and highlighted the songs.

since i turned it off and left it alone it works, grey screen and i see all the files and i don't have to highlight every music folder to see it.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #698 of 3,645
Delete every folder. then hold menu and select until it shows apple logo. That's what i did.
Quote:
Anyone knows how completely remove rockbox from ipod classic 160gb 7th gen?
Need restore original Apple firmware.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #699 of 3,645

Quote:
Anyone knows how completely remove rockbox from ipod classic 160gb 7th gen?
Need restore original Apple firmware.

• Install and start iTunes.
  • Connect your iPod with the USB-cable to your computer
  • Make sure the holdswitch is off. Now press and hold the menu button and select button at the same time for around 15 seconds until your iPod shuts down.
  • iTunes will tell you that the iPod needs to be recovered. Follow the procedure.

All this shouldn't take more than five minutes.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #700 of 3,645
ohh yeah. of course connect it to itunes. :) sorry my bad!

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #704 of 3,645
Just need Ipod control from my Clarion NZ501E car music. Rockbox do not give me this possibility:frowning2:

yeah that accessory thing is one of the few bugs ipod classic rockbox still has. stable version might allow it in the future depending on your reciever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back