Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Oct 2, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #301 of 3,645
Indeed, neither do I...its not as good as it was using the old firmware, but its a small price to pay for the format flexibility of Rockbox in my humble opinion.

I really notice no difference between battery of the original firmware and rockbox.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #303 of 3,645
I'm considering doing this on my 120GB classic. From what I've read this does not allow for dual boot. Is that correct? If not how hard will it be to revert back to Apple firmware if I do not like it? These are the only thing holding me back from trying it at the moment.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #308 of 3,645

Quote:
One other question is will it work with LOD attached to an amp.  I imagine it will but just want to make sure since this is how I use it most of the time.

Works fine with my Fiio L3 lod to my Fiio E5.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #310 of 3,645
As a side note, there were a few folks stating that the channels were reversed. I checked today, and unless I made some sort of tragic mistake, this is not the case.

I checked using Miles Davis' Basin Street Blues off the album Seven Steps to Heaven (the stereo version, not the mono...*chuckle*). In it the piano plays in the right channel while the bass occupies the left.  I used the same flac files to check, playing them on my home stereo and then via my iPod, both through the conventional jack on the device and through my Fii0 E7 amp. All matched up.

A lot of folks called this a dealbreaker...fear not, it is either a myth, or resolved with the latest Rockbox build for use with Emcore..

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #311 of 3,645

Quote:
As a side note, there were a few folks stating that the channels were reversed. I checked today, and unless I made some sort of tragic mistake, this is not the case.

I checked using Miles Davis' Basin Street Blues off the album Seven Steps to Heaven (the stereo version, not the mono...*chuckle*). In it the piano plays in the right channel while the bass occupies the left.  I used the same flac files to check, playing them on my home stereo and then via my iPod, both through the conventional jack on the device and through my Fii0 E7 amp. All matched up.

A lot of folks called this a dealbreaker...fear not, it is either a myth, or resolved with the latest Rockbox build for use with Emcore..

Great to hear!

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #312 of 3,645
I think to uninstall you simply do a restore with itunes, but i could be wrong. The instructions are on the site/wiki.

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #314 of 3,645
I wish I saw (heard) the same thing, but my channels are definitely reversed.  I just did a quick test with a file that only plays out of the left channel and both the headphone jack and dock had it playing through the right channel.  Are you sure your home stereo is wired right? :)   What iPod do you have? Did you install using the basic instructions from freemyipod.org or did you do something different? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back