Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Apr 23, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #136 of 3,645

its safe and works fine. though sometimes it will glitch up, has anyone else noticed how the channels are switched (left comes out of the right and right out of the left etc) is there a way to fix it.

I just had a friend with a rockboxed classic check this, and he said the channels are definitely reversed. Seems like the sort of thing that should be easy to fix, hopefully the developers are aware of this.

May 14, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #140 of 3,645
I've been following this thread since the beginning, and sold my 7th gen iPod in the meantime for a Hifiman 601 : I must say that I'm more than waiting for RB to be functionnal !

The iPod stock SQ is quite bad (too much highs, no bass), but with RB it would be a very decent DAP with 160Gb and a usable EQ. At least, I would be ok to sell my hifiman without regrets.

Though, the new model will probably be launched in September, it could be a great thing and would make lots of 7th gen appear under the sale forum (if they are compatible)
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #141 of 3,645
hey what's the best stting for the battery, i believe i changed some things (i know i did) now i want to reverse it or make it even better, so wich is the best ?

May 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #142 of 3,645
can somebody please help me with rockboxing a IPC 80gb? using win XP here.

i followed the instructions here but i can't get it to work. http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/EmCORE_Installation/iPodClassic/DFUiTunes
these 2 processes that i was supposed to kill, AppleMobileDeviceService.exe and AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe and iTunes keep on popping back up, 

i just don't know how to get my ipod to show up in winXP as a new USB device called "Apple Recovery (DFU) USB Driver to run the bootstrap

i've managed to get it into diagnostic mode but windows won't recognize the device, and when windows do recognize it it is just a regular ipod device.

thanks

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #143 of 3,645
still is working for me. and also my battery life isn't much different i still get about 15 hours of non stop music playback.

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #144 of 3,645
That was surprisingly easy to follow, if you have ever jailbroken an ipod touch you will have no problem at all with Emcore or what ever it was called. Even if you have not jailbroken an i touch, if you can follow instructions you will be able to do this easily.

How do I add music now?

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #145 of 3,645

Quote:
That was surprisingly easy to follow, if you have ever jailbroken an ipod touch you will have no problem at all with Emcore or what ever it was called. Even if you have not jailbroken an i touch, if you can follow instructions you will be able to do this easily.

How do I add music now?

drag and drop my friend

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #146 of 3,645
I wonder if this is getting close to official (even "unstable port") release? I am tempted to try this with the Solo but I'm not mesing around. It's not worth it when my rig is running so well.

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #150 of 3,645
Bugger.. its for PC and not Mac :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back