Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Aug 7, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #1,216 of 3,645
Quote:

Use the file browser for those albums.

(I don't even activate the database. The browser rules IMHO.)

Yes, that's true! Since yesterday I started to use just the file browser, because of those albums with .cue files, and now that you mention it, why do I need the database? It works great straight from the file browser! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #1,218 of 3,645
Quote:
cooperpwc, when a LOD is plugged into a Rockbox'ed iPod Classic does the headphone out still work (output music)? Is it supposed to show anything on the screen saying the LOD is connected?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use the headphone out simultaneously. No, Rockbox doesn't indicate that the LOD is activated.

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #1,224 of 3,645
Quote:
I found an issue with an album in a single FLAC file and .cue file. The album is just one large FLAC file and a .cue file with the indivual tracks... If I go through the file explorer in Rockbox and open the .cue file, I can "see" the invidual songs, but from the "databas"e, it seems RB is only adding the .flac file and not the .cue, so I can only listen to the large continuous file. Is there any way to solve this, so I can have the .cue shown in the "database"?

Thanks.

Just split it into individual tracks with medieval cue splitter. If it is a gapless album, then Rockbox will still play it gaplessly after you split it.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #1,226 of 3,645
Quote:

That's also a possibility! Earlier today I was actually looking for something like that... Thanks! 
beerchug.gif

You're welcome! It's been a very useful little program for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #1,227 of 3,645
Quote:

What do you mean by "digital out"? If it's LOD (Line Out Dock) that you mean, it works fine... 

Thats strange, it doesn't work for me when I pair it with my car dock to USB. It immediately goes to harddrive USB dock. Sound is amazing, only problem is I cannot use it while driving, which sucks since thats what I use the ipod for mostly.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #1,228 of 3,645
Quote:
Thats strange, it doesn't work for me when I pair it with my car dock to USB. It immediately goes to harddrive USB dock. Sound is amazing, only problem is I cannot use it while driving, which sucks since thats what I use the ipod for mostly.

Well, I don't know if it works in-car (apparently it doesn't). I was refering to a LOD, as in a LOD cable adapter that you plug into an external amp... 

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #1,229 of 3,645
Quote:
I have read the last 10 pages of replies and i understand that the Digital out is not working (Yet?)  The combination of RockBox and a Digital out would be heaven.

Digital out with Apple accessories probably won't happen since it uses relatively secure encryption to ensure that no third party software can talk to Apple accessories.  Eventually though we might support Android accessories and PC DACs, but that will take some work.  

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #1,230 of 3,645
I have a theme problem! The ipod video theme here (which awesomely looks like the original firmware) doesn't work properly on the now playing screen.

Do ipod video themes need to be modified to work on the ipod classic? If so how should I modify them? Seems to be pretty simple syntax but I don't know what the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back