iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a Decade
Sep 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #196 of 1,216
  When has apple actually made a superior product? The answer would be never. Their hardware is ALWAYS lackluster for its cost, the macbook pro line is a PERFECT demonstration of that. The ONLY reason apple sells is because of its following with their product lines, not because they are the best products on the market in their industry, that has literally, never been the case

I guess you don't remember the 1980s and early 1990s. 1980s Apples IIs, Lisas, and Macs were radically superior to IBM-clones, although the IBM-clones won market share for a variety of reasons. Apple lost its MoJo in the second half of the 1990s...then when the iMacs came in, it was less about "the very best hardware" than it was terrific pairing of hardware and software in a manner that only a firm that designed every aspect of the machine and the user experience could achieve.

These past-10 years have been a different story. Mixed bag. I like Apple stuff less and less, but largely because of the software, which gets worse and worse. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #197 of 1,216
  please, i know exactly what i am talking about. I have been an engineer in multiple industries my entire career. Ive built Integrated Circuits at the lowest level, ive done hardware design on satellites that are currently in service, ive written code that is currently in commercial airliners, hell ive even built PC's as a side business when i was inbetween engineering jobs while out of the country. I know exactly what im talking about, i am extremely involved in the tech industry and have been since i was a kid.

You certainly sound like it. It's people like you that made me get out of engineering. Your brand of hyper-pessimism and antisocial arrogance made my career a living hell.

That being said, why are you even here? Nerd crusade?

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #198 of 1,216

People just can't help themselves and just have to come in here to talk badly about something they'll never own. I'm just hoping the i7+ is an improvement over the 6+ I currently own. But the 6+ is great IMO. Currently listening to Melissa Menage album Little Crimes using Spotify 320kbs straight out of the HO with my Miles Davis Trumpets and it's absolutely blissful.

Thank's for keeping the tread on track.. Just found out that i am 'entitled to a free upgrade'  to the iPhone 7 when its available. Looking forward to our community views on the SQ. BTW CoryGillmore must check out the Melissa Menage album. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #199 of 1,216
I suspect that as with many things, Apple might turn out to have been prescient, and in ten years we'll all be listening to stuff that owes a lot to the 7. For the moment, we're not ready. I have to buy a new phone soon because my 6+ is busted, and I'm just nursing an old 4 until November, when Verizon clears me to buy a new phone at something lower than MSRP. Because of my beloved Fischer DBA-02s and Beyerdynamic DT770s, I'll be heading to the Samsung counter. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #200 of 1,216
You certainly sound like it. It's people like you that made me get out of engineering. Your brand of hyper-pessimism and antisocial arrogance made my career a living hell.

That being said, why are you even here? Nerd crusade?

+1!!!! He is a masochist liking to hang around reading about something he can never buy most probably...And when jealousy strikes him, well we got the results already:)))

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #201 of 1,216
  Thank's for keeping the tread on track.. Just found out that i am 'entitled to a free upgrade'  to the iPhone 7 when its available. Looking forward to our community views on the SQ. BTW CoryGillmore must check out the Melissa Menage album. 
beerchug.gif

And I just found out yesterday that ATT is no longer offering iPhones, or any phones for that matter, at a subsidized price. Meaning it's either pay full retail up front or pay it monthly on your phone bill. Total BS, IMO. I miss the days of getting the phone at a heavily discounted price and signing a new two year agreement. But people would rather pay a little every month rather than pay 4-500 bucks up front. I could easily pay 500 for a phone tomorrow but I sure couldn't pay 950 for the 256GB 7+ I want. So I guess I'll be paying monthly with the rest of the peasants :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #202 of 1,216
Verizon's also backing away from contracts, which tends to mean that I feel like I have less clarity about what it is that I'm paying for. It's becoming like health care. How much does something cost? What the heck does my bill even mean?

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #203 of 1,216
  Verizon's also backing away from contracts, which tends to mean that I feel like I have less clarity about what it is that I'm paying for. It's becoming like health care. How much does something cost? What the heck does my bill even mean?

I would argue that it's much more transparent. They're taking the retail price of the phone and dividing it by 24 (for 2 years of monthly payments), and then a flat rate for the actual service ($80 in my case for unlimited calls/text and 6GB data).

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #204 of 1,216

I would argue that it's much more transparent. They're taking the retail price of the phone and dividing it by 24 (for 2 years of monthly payments), and then a flat rate for the actual service ($80 in my case for unlimited calls/text and 6GB data).

Yeah I suppose I just like getting the phone at a discount and the paying my phone bill for two years, like I would regardless. Now they're charging full retail for the phone and you're still basically locked into a two year agreement. At least until the phone is payed for. Basically all this accomplishes is they make more money :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #205 of 1,216
+1!!!! He is a masochist liking to hang around reading about something he can never buy most probably...And when jealousy strikes him, well we got the results already:)))

or its because people like you continue on and on with absolutely no clue about what is actually in this device when someone like me who actually has background in the industry can tell you what is and is not possible and yet its being completely ignored with people like you saying i dont know what im talking about?

How long did i have to go on for literally pages stating that you cannot just flip and switch and turn a digital interface into an analog output, that it simply does not working and yet at least one person was there insisting with every single post that i didnt know, and that it was possible, and all my engineering experience means nothing because you can just put a switch on it. Dont ridicule someone who actually has experience in the area with random irrelevant information and tell them theyre wrong.

The chip in the headphones is using the bluetooth protocol for transferring data. its literally in the article that someone else linked that it is a derivative of Bluetooth which means it is using the vast majority of the bluetooth protocol with either their own wrappers to make syncing simpler, or they simply stripped out some of the requirements regarding pairing and recoded it, but the data transmission is still 100% bluetooth protocol

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #206 of 1,216
or its because people like you continue on and on with absolutely no clue about what is actually in this device when someone like me who actually has background in the industry can tell you what is and is not possible and yet its being completely ignored with people like you saying i dont know what im talking about?

How long did i have to go on for literally pages stating that you cannot just flip and switch and turn a digital interface into an analog output, that it simply does not working and yet at least one person was there insisting with every single post that i didnt know, and that it was possible, and all my engineering experience means nothing because you can just put a switch on it. Dont ridicule someone who actually has experience in the area with random irrelevant information and tell them theyre wrong.

The chip in the headphones is using the bluetooth protocol for transferring data. its literally in the article that someone else linked that it is a derivative of Bluetooth which means it is using the vast majority of the bluetooth protocol with either their own wrappers to make syncing simpler, or they simply stripped out some of the requirements regarding pairing and recoded it, but the data transmission is still 100% bluetooth protocol

You have zero knowledge when you write that Windows work better than Macs. This only proves how ignorant you really are. Everybody who used both platforms knows that Apple has always been light years ahead in the implementation of their own software to their own hardware. Apple made personal computing user friendly and pleasure for everybody!

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #207 of 1,216
@RugbyPlayer how do you think that the Lightning to 3.5 is gonna perform. As earlier iPhones headphone port, better, worse...space looks so scarce that it seems hard to believe that the analog signal coming off that dongle can be as good as an i.e. signal coming off an iPhone 6 hpo.

If the tonality it's not right, then nothing else really matters.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #208 of 1,216
You have zero knowledge when you write that Windows work better than Macs. This only proves how ignorant you really are. Everybody who used both platforms knows that Apple has always been light years ahead in the implementation of their own software to their own hardware. Apple made personal computing user friendly and pleasure for everybody!

FYI, i have 3 computers at work, a MAC, a dedicated linux box, and a windows machine. I have been using macs for 15 years, stop making assumptions.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #209 of 1,216
@RugbyPlayer how do you think that the Lightning to 3.5 is gonna perform. As earlier iPhones headphone port, better, worse...space looks so scarce that it seems hard to believe that the analog signal coming off that dongle can be as good as an i.e. signal coming off an iPhone 6 hpo.

If the tonality it's not right, then nothing else really matters.

My biggest concern is the DAC issue. For a number of reasons, not just this adapter.

If/when other companies come out with lightning headphones, sennheiser, sony, whoever it is, they now have to build a DAC and amp into their headphones. The amp is a big concern because it will either have to be powered internally by the headphones, which means battery in the headphones, which causes the same battery life concerns as bluetooth, OR, it has to be powered by the phone itself. Amps to drive headphones of course changes depending on the headphones, so if you build a difficult to drive headphone, using an internal DAC and Amp powered by the lightning port, thats drawing significantly more power out of the phone than say their adapter, which means your compromising battery life of your phone to drive that amp/DAC in the headphones, and coincidentally, you cant charge your phone at the same time! yay!

The upside to that, if you invest in some great lightning headphones, that have a DAC/Amp combo designed specifically for those headphones, you no longer have to worry about a stack, because everything is internal to the headphones, that would also be true if macbook pro users get a lightning port with the same audio support. There are some potential pluses, but there are also alot of potential negatives. 

This first iteration with the adapter, im not expected much of anything out of. That size with only passive cooling cannot be that high powered, which really makes me question the drive power of this setup with the 3.5mm adapter

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #210 of 1,216
FYI, i have 3 computers at work, a MAC, a dedicated linux box, and a windows machine. I have been using macs for 15 years, stop making assumptions.

And this 15 years experience made you believe that Windows are operating better than Macs!! What can I say? I have no reason to debate further with you. It's ok.

Regarding W1, I repeat once again that we need to wait and see. But if Apple resolved the Bluetooth issues, making a better AAC Bluetooth transmission, without interruptions and with better battery life, it is for sure the way to go in order to get over the highly disturbing cables and live the future of audio...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back