iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Nov 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #466 of 1,973
  Another way to utilize the Iphone is with the ifi idsd products...   then you get to bypass the iphone dac all together and get a much better dac/amp...   to me thats why the 128gb option on the new phones is important as it will be able to hold more FLAC files 
smile_phones.gif

Do iphones even read FLAC files?? 

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #468 of 1,973
The native music player doesn't but there are third party apps that do.
Flac player +, Ampliflac, Accudio, Neutron Media Player, etc.
Search for flac in the AppStore...

Some of them will read your "iPod" library as well but since iTunes doesn't support Flac files directly you have to sync them via the file transfer mode with the respective app in iTunes. Meaning scrolling all the way down until you find the app and there you have a window where files can be uploaded and downloaded ...

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #470 of 1,973
  You have to download a program which does. Or jailbreak it.

While there is a Cydia package which describes flac support, to my knowledge it never really worked.

Yeah there's lots of .flac apps. I tried about 6 of them with no issues. My favorite from a GUI and usability standpoint was Tuneshell, but the app has been taken down. Dev mentioned back in July that there were some copyright issues.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #471 of 1,973
  Have you experienced audio glitches with iphone 6 plus and ios8? Sometimes I hear some "jitters" while listening to music and performing other action at the same time (ex surfing the web with safari).

I noticed some split-second dropouts when using certain apps. Flipboard, for example. Though it is happening less and less the longer I've had the phone.

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #472 of 1,973
Just my 2 cents.
Ok, I'm late to the party, but work bought me an iPhone 6. Initial impressions compared to my iPhone 5 is wow! Noticeable difference. iPhone 6 soundstage is markedly wider than my iPhone 5. The 6 sounds warmer with slightly more pronounced bass, but not necessarily more. Know what I mean? I've paired it with my v-moda remix earphones. A good match I'd say. Nice and easy to drive with the iPhone 6's amp. Currently on heavy rotation...Tycho, Dive. And The Boards of Canada, Tonorrows Harvest. Enjoy your music everyone!

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #474 of 1,973

I noticed some split-second dropouts when using certain apps. Flipboard, for example. Though it is happening less and less the longer I've had the phone.

Pls post a comment in the apple community https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6657115 (sorry for the link).
This behaviour is absolutely ridiculous for a 1000€ phone.
Please anyone who has this failure to report in the same thread. I'm testing the 8.1.1 beta and this glitch is still there.

Nov 11, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #475 of 1,973
Still unsure about iPhone 6 Plus in relation to iPhone 6. It sounded a bit more bloated but i could not explain why or if those are facts or just my imagination.

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #476 of 1,973
I made a comparison between iPhone 6 and FiiO X3 when it was just released. I grabbed my customs - although very sensitive, not as impedance-dependent as TF10 - and thought the iPhone 6 sounds extremely tight and spacious, much more engaging than the X3.
You could argue the Apple is darker and more direct, but it doesn't cut off the treble. Considering the UI and ease of use, for me, I would prefer the iPhone for daily use.

However, in the meantime, I also got my hands on a friend's 6 Plus and the sound was muffled to me. Not as crisp and tight as the normal 6. My friend couldn't tell me which quality his files were, so I hope it's because of that.
But now reading about some more issues about sound cutting off, I am a bit worried the 6 Plus might be subpar.

I want to order the 6 Plus 128 GB soon. It would be great to have some more detailed impressions and comparisons.

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #477 of 1,973
  I made a comparison between iPhone 6 and FiiO X3 when it was just released. I grabbed my customs - although very sensitive, not as impedance-dependent as TF10 - and thought the iPhone 6 sounds extremely tight and spacious, much more engaging than the X3.
You could argue the Apple is darker and more direct, but it doesn't cut off the treble. Considering the UI and ease of use, for me, I would prefer the iPhone for daily use.

However, in the meantime, I also got my hands on a friend's 6 Plus and the sound was muffled to me. Not as crisp and tight as the normal 6. My friend couldn't tell me which quality his files were, so I hope it's because of that.
But now reading about some more issues about sound cutting off, I am a bit worried the 6 Plus might be subpar.

I want to order the 6 Plus 128 GB soon. It would be great to have some more detailed impressions and comparisons.

I much prefer the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6 audio quality on my UERM.

For me it is 5S > 6 > 6+ > 5

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #479 of 1,973

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #480 of 1,973
Who has the iphone 6 could test if you have the audio glitches described here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6657115
I would understand if it is a problem with some units or a widespread one.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back