iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Nov 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #571 of 1,973
Yeah, I guess I haven't thought of it that way, but my hd800's were a gift, so I was not really involved in the choice dept, just my dad told me they were like "the best" so I'm guessing he just googled "best headphones" or something and went with that though he didn't realise an amplifier was required until I found out after.

But I think the hd800's are really good for music like Diana Krall, strong vocals and pop which is a good thing for my tastes I guess, but you are right in commenting I've no reference point for comparison and have never heard of Fostex 900 headphones before.

See, this is why you need to do some actual research before buying headphones.  If you looked closer, you could've seen that 10/10 Head-fiers agree (along with Jude) that the B34t5 Pr0 is 3dank5me.
Also, stop listening to that Diana Krall trash and start listening to some real music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7fGwLJMUI

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #572 of 1,973
See, this is why you need to do some actual research before buying headphones.  If you looked closer, you could've seen that 10/10 Head-fiers agree (along with Jude) that the B34t5 Pr0 is 3dank5me.
Also, stop listening to that Diana Krall trash and start listening to some real music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7fGwLJMUI

I actually liked that track you linked, not what I'd listen to normally but I enjoy hearing new music from most genres.

Not too sure about your "B34t5 Pr0" recommendations though...

So funny :)

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #573 of 1,973
I actually liked that track you linked, not what I'd listen to normally but I enjoy hearing new music from most genres.

Not too sure about your "B34t5 Pr0" recommendations though...

So funny
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not trying to be funny, this is all completely serious.
If you think that that's good, then I'm... not sure about anything anymore. (no offense)
I think that we can safely assume that you 420bl4z3it.
Try this: >.<
Believe, me, the B34t5 Pr0 is, without a doubt, the mosterest besterest pair of headphones ever made.  It's bass is the tightest, most refined thing you'll ever hear.  It manages to cater to bassheads while still being neutral.  Treble is very easy to listen to, no harshness whatsoever while still being sparkly and the most well defined.  Mids aren't left out either, with it having the best mids since the Beats Solo HD.  Build quality is also the best, with it being forged out of solid Ununununununununununununununununununium, an element scientists have not yet discovered.

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #575 of 1,973
Morw objectiva data. This time around measured with pro equipment by the skilled people of headphoniaks.com

e179be34b1212df6d1b3b87de771c51b.jpg

Running seems like a great idea until you actually start running

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #576 of 1,973
Morw objectiva data. This time around measured with pro equipment by the skilled people of headphoniaks.com

e179be34b1212df6d1b3b87de771c51b.jpg

I do not speak Spanish. I would like to read their comments as well, apart from judging only from the “cold” numbers. Is there a way that you could offer us a basic-quick translation? Thanks...

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #578 of 1,973

I do not speak Spanish. I would like to read their comments as well, apart from judging only from the “cold” numbers. Is there a way that you could offer us a basic-quick translation? Thanks...

How low is the crosstalk of iPhone 6/6+ is really so strange though!!

His conclusion (and he sells Fiio and iBasso stuff) is that if you don't have volume problems nor hate itunes iPhone is the way to go. That's a really righteous assessment since his online shop does not sell iPhones.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #579 of 1,973

From what I can discern, it probably says that the iPhone 6 is inferior to the Fiio X1.  Then again, my Spanish is equivalent to that of a 1 year old, so take that with a grain of salt.
Oh, really?
Link?
Ok then you may like this track maybe:
[snip]

No, I didn't like that song.  At all. Thnx for the headache :d   I'm sorry for leading you off topic; we should probably get back on discussing the iPhone 6 to avoid flooding the thread with unnecessary posts.  After all, this is the iPhone 6 thread, not the post whatever song you think will annoy the other head-fier's the most thread.  

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #580 of 1,973
The use of iTunes shouldn't be a hinder, if you don't like iTunes try 3rd party software like iMazing which let you drag and drop files directly into the app.
Much faster and more ergonomic.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #581 of 1,973

[snip]

Running is best

Source pl0x. 

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #582 of 1,973

I still wonder if there is a benefit of using 24bit 96kHz flac files though since apparently the hardware in iPhone 6 and 6+ is down-converting it back to 16 bit 44.1 kHz.
The lightning / USB output is apparently still locked at that resolution, so using and external DAC won't get the full benefit. Wondering if what you hear out of the headphones output is also 16 bits 44.1 kHz.

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #583 of 1,973
His conclusion (and he sells Fiio and iBasso stuff) is that if you don't have volume problems nor hate itunes iPhone is the way to go. That's a really righteous assessment since his online shop does not sell iPhones.

BTW, the low crosstalk of iPhone 6+ is not mentioned at all, nor measured by Ken Rockwell!!

Nov 22, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #584 of 1,973
Bull...crap.

"TOTL" DAC/DAPs are the biggest rip off since hd-vision glasses. And also, your previous cost calculations are pretty skewed. The iPhone 6+ as an audio player doesn't cost $1080. There's like $30 worth of audio components. Throw in a some NAND, a SoC, a chassis, a display, and a wifi radio, and voila', that's an iPod Touch. Apple's BOM on that is like $130-150. So again, why does an AK240 cost $2500? Because there's fools willing to pay that price. The same folks who believe that high-res files sound better than 16/44, even though we've been on 16/44 for over 30 years and we've had more than enough storage and bandwidth to accommodate high-res audio for over 10 years now. 

And yet it hasn't

I 't picked up. Hmm...

I couldn't agree with you more. My warmest congratulations for your awesome way of thinking!!

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #585 of 1,973
From what I can discern, it probably says that the iPhone 6 is inferior to the Fiio X1.  Then again, my Spanish is equivalent to that of a 1 year old, so take that with a grain of salt.
No, I didn't like that song.  At all. Thnx for the headache :d   I'm sorry for leading you off topic; we should probably get back on discussing the iPhone 6 to avoid flooding the thread with unnecessary posts.  After all, this is the iPhone 6 thread, not the post whatever song you think will annoy the other head-fier's the most thread.  

Yes, I agree :)

Just for the record, my earlier comments regarding the sound quality of the iPhone 6 Plus were with the EQ turned off as I don't really use that function though there are numerous options within that particular function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back