iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Oct 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #287 of 1,973
Neutron for iOS is simply one of the best, if not the best regarding the epitome of audio quality for the iPhone in my honest opinion (and probably fact).
wink.gif

I almost dropped my SE846 grabbing them with the quickness after I copied your Neutron settings =)

Is there any way to limit volume? I use this trick for more granular volume (via vol. buttons). The default 16 steps work very nice on 65% volume cap on my SE846, otherwise the jump between steps is too big. I know dragging the volume via touchscreen works for this, but most of my listening is done with phone in my pocket, with media controls via Pebble watch or iriver remote

[edit] Nevermind it inherits the volume cap, I'm smokin' that good stuff nomsayin'

[edit] Yep this app sounds amazing, when compared to stock at same volume level. I feel like the difference is large enough to where I can't really say "it could be placebo". I guess they found a way to access certain hardware features. Settings which I've NEVER seen on any iOS .flac apps before, and I tried most of not all of them! 

I still can't get over it... Neutron for iOS - this is HUGE. This is the most powerful music app on Android, and now (finally) iOS! Curious to see if Poweramp follows suit and releases for iOS. Also really liked that app on Android

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #288 of 1,973
Neutron for iOS is simply one of the best, if not the best regarding the epitome of audio quality for the iPhone in my honest opinion (and probably fact).
wink.gif

AppStore reviews states otherwise.  Charges per device too?  CRAZY!

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #289 of 1,973
Yep found this track where I can distinguish between stock player and Neutron very easily. Highs sound better, wider sound stage. Bass sounds different but can't put my finger on how to describe it. I think the word is "fuller" but not bloated or overbearing. It's just closer to how it sounds on my AK100 now. This is on 5s iOS 8.0.2

THIS is the oomph I needed from my iPhone to stop using AK100 on my commute =)
I hated the soundstage out of my 5s + SE846, so I used my AK100 more and more, until THIS!!!

Thank you thank you thank you moedawg!

Dude it only has three reviews (1x5star, 1x4star and 1x1star). I just posted the fourth, should fix her right up 

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #290 of 1,973

I do not quite understand the logic of you basing an app's (in this case a technologically proficient media playback app) "AppStore reviews" as taking precedent over what anyone else (especially on Head-Fi) has stated. I actually found out about Neutron some time ago on Head-Fi. Without going into detail, there are a multitude of reasons why reviews (on any website on the Internet) would be different from what may actually be the truth or close to it for the majority. Case and point, just take a look at the Verizon iPhone 6 holster case review, I wrote a review for it on their website, and another person trashed the case saying erroneously that the case was an iBlason case and that the phone slipped out of the holster. Are you kidding me? Totally asinine review, and was probably a person who reviewed the wrong product or worked for/owned a company that sold competing holster cases. Either way, illogical was one of the first words that popped in my mind when I read that review, as well as other reviews for products that were not at all like some reviewers said they were.

As for charging per device, that would not make it "CRAZY". I am not complaining that I downloaded and installed not only the app, but an IAP from CanOpener, that actually costed more than the Neutron app, just to find out for myself that the app was not the one for me, regardless of what anyone, and especially "reviewers" from the App Store says about it. You do not have to purchase any app on the App Store if you do not want to, and if you really think purchasing per device is "CRAZY", then have a friend or significant other purchase you an App Store gift card so you can purchase the Neutron app and other media from iTunes without having to use your own money to purchase the awesome application.

The best advice that I always give is to try it out for yourself if you can, regardless of what anyone says about it.

I do not mean to sound offending, but I had to voice my feelings of your post.

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #291 of 1,973
Yep found this track where I can distinguish between stock player and Neutron very easily. Highs sound better, wider sound stage. Bass sounds different but can't put my finger on how to describe it. I think the word is "fuller" but not bloated or overbearing. It's just closer to how it sounds on my AK100 now. This is on 5s iOS 8.0.2

THIS is the oomph I needed from my iPhone to stop using AK100 on my commute =)
I hated the soundstage out of my 5s + SE846, so I used my AK100 more and more, until THIS!!!

Thank you thank you thank you moedawg!

Dude it only has three reviews (1x5star, 1x4star and 1x1star). I just posted the fourth, should fix her right up 

No worries at all, and amen, my brother!

Oh - and for an equally or better upgrade, you may want to invest in the SCS since I've read your tip-modding and tip-finding posts. :wink:

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #293 of 1,973
http://neutronmp.com/

I have not got it yet -- have been listening to Spotify.  Glad it is here now though, and will get it one of these days. I used it on Android. And I did not smile listening to the iOS music app. Seems like the same as Android, player design makes a big difference.

The developer is very responsive on the neutron forum.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #294 of 1,973
http://neutronmp.com/

I have not got it yet -- have been listening to Spotify Glad it is here now though --  but I will one of these days. I used it on Android. And I did not smile listening to the iOS music app. Seems like the same as Android, player design makes a big difference.
Thanks for posting the link, I'll def give it a go. As like you, I use spotify most of the time, but it's nice to have something else to play with.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #295 of 1,973
All I can find on App Store is Neutron music player. Is this the one you guys use, as most of you refer to it as Neutron Media Player, in previous posts.

Neutron Music Player is what you will see when searching for Neutron in the App Store.

I absolutely adore Spotify Premium - Extreme Setting. If you have not heard, Spotify Premium is half off ($5 per month) if you can verify you are taking higher education classes.

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #299 of 1,973
The 44.1 kHz, 16 bit ripped Flac files at 1411kbps is what Neutron Player really excels at...
Tried these files in Neutron on an Android LG G Pro which sounded warmer and less metallic than my wife's 5S with exact the same settings in Neutron on both devices.
Looking to try these flac files out on a 6 or 6plus...

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #300 of 1,973
Well I bit the bullet on the Neutron MP...    My quest is to get the 6+ with Neutron to be able to stream FLAC from the Seagate Wireless 2T drive...  if it can do that then great... and if we could get them to play back DSD then it would be perfect....  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back