iPhone 4S
Oct 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #61 of 187

Quote:
I have just sold the supercrappy SGSII (lots of bugs for a TOTL cell phone, Android isn't prepared to dual core cell phones and ridiculously short battery life) 20 minutes ago after suffering it for 3 months and currently waiting for the iPhone 4S to be released in Spain on October 28th. Hopefully, I wouldn't need to update and tweak the damned cell phone everyday, as I used to do with the SGSII, and I will be able to have an all in one portable unit with good quality music (will be paired with the Fostex HP-P1) and decent cell phone.

Did you really have a SGS2 or are you trolling, cause the SGS2 is known to have better battery life than iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. if you use it properly.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #62 of 187

Quote:

Those leaked SGS3 specs are a little out to lunch in my opinion.

1.5GB Ram yes.
10MP camera yes.
Battery size, hopefully.
Dual Core 1.8 is more realistic.  Quad core is pretty much pointless on a phone.720p screen is more realistic.

you never know, its Samsung, they 'wow' us every time at MWC with their hardware.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #63 of 187

Quote:
Did you really have a SGS2 or are you trolling, cause the SGS2 is known to have better battery life than iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. if you use it properly.

I'm not trolling. Messing with smartphones since the first nokia smartphone came out long time ago.

With Cyanogenmod 7 nightly 81 and the new kernel by Codeworx with AOS bug "solved" the longest battery life was 15 hours without touching the phone for anything. Once you start using it, it dropped about 1% of battery every 90 seconds.

You can see my advertisement thread in the specific forum here in head-fi.

Worst cell phone I ever had due to all the bugs and the poor integration of the os. 

Totally overhyped, really can't understand why there are so much fandroids out there.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #64 of 187

Quote:

I'm not trolling. Messing with smartphones since the first nokia smartphone came out long time ago. 
With Cyanogenmod 7 nightly 81 and the new kernel by Codeworx with AOS bug "solved" the longest battery life was 15 hours without touching the phone for anything. Once you start using it, it dropped about 1% of battery every 90 seconds.

Worst cell phone I ever had due to all the bugs and the poor integration of the os. 

Totally overhyped, really can't understand why there are so much fandroids out there.

yea, some people like Android. You have to understand that, every OSes have their + and -. Just like how some people like W7 and some like OSX

I have an iPhone 4 (and has been for 1.5 years now), by dad has a SGS (original) and I wish I had some Android features on my iPhone. I actually switched from Android as well, because I got sick of it, the bugs, battery life, etc. But there are features I miss a lot from Android.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #65 of 187
iPhone 4S in my hands by 10am via UPS. Sure beats waiting at the Apple store!! Going to wait until I get home from work so I can put all my stuff on it. 

I wish someone would post something about the DAC. Still can't find anything.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #66 of 187
Yup, I agree.  I have the Droid2 and getting the 4s.  Battery life, camera and phone call quality were terrible on the Droid.  I used Poweramp app for music playing.  I do like the Droid voice commands and widgets. 

Quote:
yea, some people like Android. You have to understand that, every OSes have their + and -. Just like how some people like W7 and some like OSX

I have an iPhone 4 (and has been for 1.5 years now), by dad has a SGS (original) and I wish I had some Android features on my iPhone. I actually switched from Android as well, because I got sick of it, the bugs, battery life, etc. But there are features I miss a lot from Android.

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #69 of 187

Quote:

If I leave my S2 untouched for 15 hrs it might use 20% of the battery.  You must have had faulty phone/battery.

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #70 of 187

Quote:

Chipworks may have an answer soon...

"It looks as if the iFixit’s German connection is off to the Bierhaus after a long day of tearing out Siri’s vocal cords. They leave us wondering about some remaining big devices; The WiFi SoC, the audio codec, the touch screen controller and is there more NVM aside from the Toshiba NAND? Certainly Siri needs some NOR to speak so eloquently. Tomorrow we will answer all of these questions as well as tell you who the image sensor manufacturer is in our unit. Will it be Omnivision or will it be Sony. Only time will tell."

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #71 of 187

Quote:
If I leave my S2 untouched for 15 hrs it might use 20% of the battery.  You must have had faulty phone/battery.

My unit was fully tested and verified at a Samsung service and everything was perfect. I had push email, weather and facebook sync and it drained about 8% per hour.

Now I'm waiting for a next episode with an iPhone 4S.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #72 of 187
And can't wait till hackers jailbreak iOS 5 so I can update to it

Same here... Im waiting for an untethered jailbreak of IOS5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #73 of 187
I have an Android Ally and I am debating whether to wait until next June for the Iphone 5 or to just get the Iphone 4s as I absolutely hate my droid. What do you think I should do ?

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #74 of 187

Quote:
I have an Android Ally and I am debating whether to wait until next June for the Iphone 5 or to just get the Iphone 4s as I absolutely hate my droid. What do you think I should do ?

If you really hate your droid and you use your phone everyday it's probably best to replace it sooner rather than later, maybe try iOS or BlackBerry.

Quote:

Chipworks and iFixit are suggesting that the audio chip in the iPhone 4S is an Apple branded 338S0987 B0FL1129 SGP Cirrus Logic audio codec chip.

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #75 of 187
Who snagged one of these? Impressions? Comments? Got myself a 64gb black yesterday and been running some tests vs old ip4. Definitely snappier, smoother and yet got the old glassy look. W/ the 64gb I can put so much crap on my phone, it makes my 16gb ip4 look like a peanut. Camera is improved and Siri isn't all too bad either.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back