iPhone 4 versus 4S - which has better SQ
Jan 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:
I can't remember as far back as the Sony X or what it sounded like - it was a player I didn't like for various reasons, though.

Anything Apple is good enough for me.

It wasn't a decade ago...lol

You seem very 'brand loyal'. Apple do make some good products and I've owned a few, its just a pity they aren't as 'open' as android devices and besides the artificially high prices, that's mainly why I prefer non apple products.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #47 of 53
I have a 3rd gen iPod Touch 64gb I bought after my 4th gen died, I love it, its size is a plus, I like the daps on the smaller side, (Which is why I LOVE the walkman X)

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #48 of 53
The threat started about 4 months ago. The starter probably bought the mobile phone already.

I guess you guys expect too much of a device not intended to be used as a hi-fi player. The best reason to use android is because supports FLAC natively in 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2, but it should be an app to do that job with an iphone. Sound quality wise: no big differences whatsoever, price is another thing though... 

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

It wasn't a decade ago...lol

You seem very 'brand loyal'. Apple do make some good products and I've owned a few, its just a pity they aren't as 'open' as android devices and besides the artificially high prices, that's mainly why I prefer non apple products.

I've had Cowon, Samsung, Sansa and Sony players - one reason I like Apple is because their players are durable and made of metal and glass.

Android sucks, imho, I've got PowerAmp on my Sony phone but hardly ever use it..

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

I've had Cowon, Samsung, Sansa and Sony players - one reason I like Apple is because their players are durable and made of metal and glass.

Android sucks, imho, I've got PowerAmp on my Sony phone but hardly ever use it..

Yep, Fair enough, they generally are very well made.

I've tried PowerAmp but didn't find it as good as a lot of people on here make it out to be. Have you tried Neutron player? If you can forgive its UI and quirks Its much better SQ wise Imo.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #51 of 53
I think it's more that I just don't want to listen to music on a phone - I'd much rather use a dedicated player. I found PowerAmp was good enough SQ - I don't tend to use EQ much with my x10i iems, more my Beyerdynamics which need the bass toned down a bit.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #52 of 53
Quote:
I think it's more that I just don't want to listen to music on a phone - I'd much rather use a dedicated player. I found PowerAmp was good enough SQ - I don't tend to use EQ much with my x10i iems, more my Beyerdynamics which need the bass toned down a bit.

Im the opposite, I used to use a dedicated player (X-series) but ditched it after I found my Voodoo'd SGS1 to sound much better. I miss the X's tactile buttons though...
I find PowerAmp  a tad bass heavy even un-EQ'd. Neutron seems to have a more neutral sound and just generally sounds much better. Some devices seem better suited to it than others but you should try the free version.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #53 of 53
Thanks, but I hardly bother to use my phone except making the occasional call.

I did upgrade it to Jelly Bean but have scarcely picked it up since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back