iPhone 3G revealed: "Improved Audio...flush headphone jack...$199 for 8GB"
Jul 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #107 of 205
OMG, has anyone tried out the Star Wars light saber app? This application alone makes the iPhone worth it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #108 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapest plan you can get is $79.99 which includes 400 minuts anytime, 5000 nights and weekends, and an unlimited data plan for endless surfing. You mentioned text which will require an additional cost. The cheapest text plan offered is $5 which includes 200 text messages/month.

...Not from what I've heard:

iPhone 3G, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

- $69.99
- 450 anytime minutes
- Unlimited mobile to mobile
- Rollover
- Visual voicemail

Still not cheap by any means, but just wanted to make sure it was right.

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #111 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

iPhone 3G, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

- $69.99
- 450 anytime minutes
- Rollover
- Visual voicemail

Thanks you for the correction moseboy. Now go out there and get that Star Wars app!

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #112 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is rollover? a new app? or feature of 2.0? is the doing flips now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monthly rollover of unused minutes?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes (thank you).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks you for the correction moseboy. Now go out there and get that Star Wars app!

Haha... I haven't gotten my iPhone 3G yet, but when I do, I'll... be sure to download that
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #113 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- $69.99
- 450 anytime minutes
- Rollover
- Visual voicemail

If you're already a customer with the $29.99 plan, you can just purchase the $30 3G data plan, for a total of $59.99 per month. Right now, I have the $29.99 plus the $20 EDGE plan.

I'm still trying to decide whether to go with the 3G iPhone or give this one another year and get the 2009 model.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #114 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, if your concerns about driving the ER-4s are volume related, I can tell you that aspect won't be a problem; it drives the KSC75s just fine, and if I recall, they're pretty close to the 4s in terms of volume, both being fairly insensitive for portables.

If your concerns are about the amp sounding good enough, the only portable amp I have to compare it with right now is the PA2V2, and it's better than that, IMO. Never tried a SuperMini, so I can't say about that. Frankly though, you sound more discriminating in your taste of amps than I, so I can't make any promises.

For portable it is all a question of compromise. I used to carry an iMod+Xin Reference but ended up selling it for 2 reasons : It was way too big to be practical (looked absolutely silly in the pocket or on the belt together with a three piece business suit) and a lot of the finer nuances that the rig could produce where simply lost due to general comute background noise even with the isolation of the Ety's. At the moment the Nano+SuperMini is extremely compact but still takes up room in the pocket when I also carry a HTC TyTN smartphone so the ideal would be if the iPhone was good enough on it's own to make me not feel I'm loosing too much in sq. Alternatively be able to use the iPhone with the SuperMini although I'm worried that radio interference will kill the SuperMini as it does not isolate well for this kind of disturbance.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #117 of 205
Got mine this morning and is just playing round with it now. Initial impression is that used as an iPod with my ER4-S it is not bad at all, probably at least on par with the headphone out from my 3rd gen Nano but not as good as the Nano feeding the SuperMini but probably still good enough that I can live with it for every day use. I can't test it properly with the amp since none of my docks are iPhone ready but it does not matter as radio interference gets so loud in the SuperMini as to make it useless

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #119 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by yourtoys7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didn't alo made iphone line out, thats what I'm looking for to use with amp.

Yes they make a version of their docks that work with the iPhone (at least with 1st gen iPhones). Something about more pins in the dock needing to be connected. Also to switch between using the dock or not the phone needs to turned completely of and the dock attached/detached before the phone is turned on again.

The problem for me however is that since I stick the SuperMini onto the back of the player/phone the rf interference is so loud that using the amp is impossible. Ken also noted this and said that to do this you need to put the iPhone in flight mode to avoid the rf noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back