iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : )
Sep 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #121 of 144
I make with apple camera adapter and Advent 4port hub working good only problem is switch off the device Dragonfly when i give power to max,i cannot listen to the maximum for me is ok,Kaisertone for IOS recognise the Dragonfly and can change some setting and same Onkyo HF Player for IOS is perfekt for music with my V-Moda Crossfade m100 headphones i need try and another my headphones from Denon Urban Raver AHD-401,California Headphones-Laredo,Marshall Major,and Brainwavz S1 IEM.Somebady do you know from amazon in UK or Ebay can buy a good splitter USB to tryed on maximum volume,i see this Hama how is with him.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #124 of 144
  I think I found my solution.  Works on both the iPhone 5s and the iPad Mini Retna.  See the USB hub at http://www.amazon.com/Cute-USB-2-Port-Splitter-White/dp/B00A81ISJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394942486&sr=1-1&keywords=Cute+USB+Mini+2-Port+USB+2.0+Hub+Splitter+%28White.  Cost was $10.00.  Total cost $190 (CCK-$30, USB Mini Hub-$10. Dragonfly 1.2 $150).

Testet it on iphone 4s and it did not work (needs to much power) with cameraadapter (left picture)

Using the camera-adapter and an usb-hub (with power-supply)
http://csimg.shopwahl.de/srv/DE/00000086b00062ud9u/T/340x340/C/FFFFFF/url/lindy-usb-20-hub-4-port-.jpg
it is working fine!!!

Maybe it is only working on newer units with lightning adapter.
Or is there any trick, that it is also working on iphone 4s with camera-adapter- the white minihub and dragonfly 1.0 ?

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #125 of 144
Hey everyone. Is the ipad supposed to automatically send audio over USB or is there a setting or app I need? Here is my small setup:

Tidal via iPad mini gen 1 > Lightning to USB > Powered USB Hub > Schiit Magni > Schiit Modi > Sony MDR-1R

However, no matter what I do I'm not getting any audio via USB and it's still playing through the speakers of the iPad.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #126 of 144
The whole process is getting hi res files out of the ipad onto a DAC is a trial and error kind of thing. I can get 24 bit 96 khz files out to my E07 using the camera connecting kit when set to low power mode.  But that process can be very touchy.

Does your DAC have a low power mode?  I know that is a big factor in all of this.  Also sometimes an ipad reboot is needed, and you might want to try VLC player or some other app for playing your files. Personally I like nPlayer.

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #127 of 144
Hey Snuffy, the Magni doesn't have a low power mode, however I'm using a powered USB hub to get around that, Let me try a reboot to see if it'll do it. Thx!

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #128 of 144
Got it! I tried like....20 different combos of USB setups on this powered hub and found one that worked lol

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #131 of 144
Read through the entire thread and ordered the CCK for use with the Leckerton UHA-6S MkII.  Initially I was getting the "device draws too much power" message, but once I turned off the charging function the message stopped appearing.  I was still not receiving sound through the headphones, but after fidgeting with the lightning cable a bit, I had success!  Not sure if the new CCK is bad, or even worse, the lightning connector on the iPad is becoming worn, but for now it's working without the USB hub.  Of course, YMMV.

Thanks for all the tips!

Update: The 'fidgety' part of the system turned out to be the USB to micro-USB cable.  After replacing with a different cable, the iPad-CCK-Leckerton is performing perfectly!

Last Update - I promise! Same setup also works great from the iPhone 6 Plus.  Woohoo!

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #133 of 144
Hi All,

For a home set up, I have been successful with a Schiit Wyrd in the chain while the LH labs LPS did not work.  The LPS works with my computer but not with the iPhone 5 in the chain.   iPhone 5>CKK>usb cable>Wyrd>usb cable>dac.  It has worked for me with both my DAC2 HGC and my Emotive XDA-1.  The sound is really sweet from both.  I have not tried it with the Onkyo app loaded on the iPhone 5 yet though.  I am ordering one of the usb hubs that Bliss suggests for the road if needed.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #135 of 144
asterm100 asked,"Which music player app do you use?"

On my iPhone I use the Apple product which limits your high rez music.  I also have the Onkyo music playing app on the phone which works well for all formats up through DSD.  At home on the computer I use JRiver.  I am playing with Beaglebone Black and RaspPi.  There a couple of good music playing apps for those platforms.

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back