iPad Mini - anyone ?
Oct 31, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #47 of 110
Quote:

I'll take 'boring' over the quirks many have ascribed to Android on other devices, particularly the DX100 ....

Boring means it works when you turn it on and want to listen to music/watch a movie. Boring is good.

+1

And Asus Nexus 7 tablet has 100ohms of output impedance.Straight into the Hall Of Shame as for sound goes:

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Mobile&document_srl=2489886

I'm really curious about the sound output with balanced armatures plugged in. It's gotta be worse than an AM broadcast

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #48 of 110
I know that there are so many camps in Head-Fi that think all Apple products sound the same. After spending a while listening to AH-D 7000s straight out of an Ipad2, I think it sounds better than the Touch. IMO.

After about 60 days I'm actually really starting to like the sound of the Ipad2 stock.

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #49 of 110
Quote:
Is it a bit slow, like some reviews claim? I mean in comparison to the iPad?

I haven't noticed at all.  The only thing that seems to have a bit of a lag is very 'busy' websites like Engadget or The Verge.  They can sometimes take longer to load.  Everything else has been very responsive.  The more I learn about it the more I like it. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #50 of 110
I haven't noticed at all.  The only thing that seems to have a bit of a lag is very 'busy' websites like Engadget or The Verge.  They can sometimes take longer to load.  Everything else has been very responsive.  The more I learn about it the more I like it. 

I'm glad to hear you like it. I'm DEFINATELY thinking of getting one soon,...after all the work here in NYC is finished. I work for NYCT as a track maintainer,...we're in pretty bad shape. NYC got slammed by Sandy,...off to the Rockaways I'll be tomorrow to see what we can do. It's devestating.

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #51 of 110
Quote:

Have you tried streaming any music over the Net ? That should be more a test of your connection's bandwidth than the Mini's internals, but my even my Core i3 laptop with 8GB cant compensate for the crap speeds we get down here .....  

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #52 of 110
I'm glad to hear you like it. I'm DEFINATELY thinking of getting one soon,...after all the work here in NYC is finished. I work for NYCT as a track maintainer,...we're in pretty bad shape. NYC got slammed by Sandy,...off to the Rockaways I'll be tomorrow to see what we can do. It's devestating.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a very versatile tablet and has so many great features that I think set it apart from the crown. Glad to hear you're safe in NYC. Hang in there.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #53 of 110
Have you tried streaming any music over the Net ? That should be more a test of your connection's bandwidth than the Mini's internals, but my even my Core i3 laptop with 8GB cant compensate for the crap speeds we get down here .....  

This is actually referring to the Microsoft Surface tablet. It's actually got an amazing dual WiFi antenna and seems to download things over WiFi better than my Lenovo Core i5 ultrabook. There may be some bottleneck in there but it seems some very large websites just bog it down a little.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #54 of 110
Quote:
I have an ipad, enjoy it but iOS is boring

An operating system that isn't boring is an operating system in which I have no interest.  My iPad is a business tool.  I bill by the hour. Operating system drama is food that doesn't get on the table and mortgage payments that don't get made.  No thanks.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #55 of 110
An operating system that isn't boring is an operating system in which I have no interest.  My iPad is a business tool.  I bill by the hour. Operating system drama is food that doesn't get on the table and mortgage payments that don't get made.  No thanks.

True, didn't say it was bad, ios is stable and reliable. How are you liking your ipad mini?

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #56 of 110
Quote:
I know that there are so many camps in Head-Fi that think all Apple products sound the same. After spending a while listening to AH-D 7000s straight out of an Ipad2, I think it sounds better than the Touch. IMO.

After about 60 days I'm actually really starting to like the sound of the Ipad2 stock.

With the exception of a few apple products, most of them are the same general flavor (detailed and clean) but with varying levels of fidelity. So yes, you could say they sound all the same. Right now I'm listening to the iTouch 5 and it sounds brilliant - as good as the 4s.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #57 of 110
they could have add Retnia display and made a lot of folks happy but they didnt. We all know that the next upgrade will have a retnia display, I guess this might turn a lot of folks off from buying this when they know in about 6-12 months they will have that. 

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #58 of 110
Quote:
With the exception of a few apple products, most of them are the same general flavor (detailed and clean) but with varying levels of fidelity. So yes, you could say they sound all the same. Right now I'm listening to the iTouch 5 and it sounds brilliant - as good as the 4s.

One of our best friends had their Iphone 4s taken from a bag at a spa a couple of days ago. They used the online software to track the phone. It ended up at a stable location at a hotel pool where our friend and another walked over to recognize the person from the day before who had taken the phone. They then called the number at meeting the person and heard it ringing in the side pocket of a bag. 

They were able to get the phone back with the culprit saying someone placed the phone in his bag. Amazing story!
eek.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #60 of 110
Quote:

One of our best friends had their Iphone 4s taken from a bag at a spa a couple of days ago. They used the online software to track the phone. It ended up at a stable location at a hotel pool where our friend and another walked over to recognize the person from the day before who had taken the phone. They then called the number at meeting the person and heard it ringing in the side pocket of a bag. 

They were able to get the phone back with the culprit saying someone placed the phone in his bag. Amazing story!
eek.gif

I would have let the cops sort that one out once I had established that my phone was in someone else's bag. So many people out there with zero respect for other people's property - who would risk jail and a criminal record for stealing something as mundane as a PHONE ? Pathetic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back